From the demo the QTE are terrible

#169bladezPosted 9/30/2010 7:46:31 PM
Is it me or does the quick time events seem worse than most games. The part when you ride the horse...all you do is hit one button and WATCH him beat up a werewolf.. and kill the beast..then jump back on your horse...all without doing a thing. Games today.
#2MekariPosted 9/30/2010 7:57:06 PM
I'd say no it's not worse, have not seen any qte for a long time where timing was more important than what button you pressed, and if i'm not mistaken if you press a different button when doing the qte he will do a different move but I have not tested hat yet.
#3dc_camelPosted 9/30/2010 8:25:59 PM
Maybe they get harder or more involved as you progress? It seemed to be just based on timing rather than certain buttons though.
#4Ct9983Posted 9/30/2010 8:36:09 PM
There was only one attack button in all the other Castlevanias, so the whole "you press one button repeatedly" thing is pretty much par for the course here.

(warning: geezer rage, incomming in 3, 2...)

Why, I remember when you only HAD one button on the atari 800! But when those pesky space invaders came knocking at your door, you were GLAD to have it! GLAD I say!

Seriously though, using only one button, and simple gameplay is only a problem if you force the delusion on yourself that games today are advanced in anything more than graphics.

---
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied, I hate you.
#5aBipedPosted 9/30/2010 10:15:39 PM
Im part of a small group of people who actually really quite enjoy QTE's in games, I have loved them ever since Shenmue actually.

Castlevania from what i can tell does it quite well also.
#6embittererPosted 9/30/2010 10:25:18 PM

Seriously though, using only one button, and simple gameplay is only a problem if you force the delusion on yourself that games today are advanced in anything more than graphics.

This is very, very true. There's only two true differences: Graphics and Spatial Perspective. Everything else boils down to the same old game play and same old game play tactics. It's all hand eye and reflexes and that's it.

360's Kinect has the potential to change things, but not so much for games as for communication as a whole. In fact, belnd Kinect with Nintendo's 3d tech...and bam...the cell phone of the future...

no more will you have to text on your phone in your car while you should be looking at the ******* road, you'll be able to have your skanky little girlfriend right there in the car with you in hologram form...

and then there's the holosex.....

what were we talking about again?
---
Martyrdom is the only way in which a man can become famous without ability.
gt-saturnines fool
#7SEVNEYPosted 9/30/2010 10:30:41 PM
"There was only one attack button in all the other Castlevanias"

I remember LoI having two atack button (I didn't play Curse of Darkness)
#8IokuaPosted 9/30/2010 10:36:01 PM
I'm adamantly opposed to the inclusion of QTEs in video games, so I can't say I give a **** if they're simple or not.
---
The Blackest Night falls from the skies. The darkness grows as all light dies. We crave your hearts and your demise. By my black hand, the dead shall rise!
#9millimaynePosted 10/1/2010 5:46:27 AM
^ Same here, I just hope they aren't a big part of the game. Hell, I just let them knock me off the horse so I could kill them myself. I'm concerned many of the giant bosses will have a ton of QTEs invovled.
---
"Nintendo doesn't feel [Fatal Frame IV] fits in with their current business model- that being cake baking and puppy shampooing "sims"."
#10Dark-Druid-83Posted 10/1/2010 1:05:56 PM
embitterer posted...

This is very, very true. There's only two true differences: Graphics and Spatial Perspective. Everything else boils down to the same old game play and same old game play tactics. It's all hand eye and reflexes and that's it.

360's Kinect has the potential to change things, but not so much for games as for communication as a whole. In fact, belnd Kinect with Nintendo's 3d tech...and bam...the cell phone of the future...

no more will you have to text on your phone in your car while you should be looking at the ******* road, you'll be able to have your skanky little girlfriend right there in the car with you in hologram form...

and then there's the holosex.....

what were we talking about again?

Hahaha! Powerful post my friend. :D