So the combat cross.. Spoilers

#11Grizzle1981Posted 8/9/2011 5:11:40 AM
They could create a second combat cross. While it's true that Gandolfi disappeared ... that doesn't mean he's dead. And the Belmont Clan can still exist. They can retcon a child into the mix or name another orphan "Belmont" just like they did with Gabriel.
---
This post is 100% opinion unless stated otherwise.
#12Shadow ReaverPosted 8/9/2011 3:48:22 PM
like someone else on this board siad it could be another "orphan" taking the name from the "Great Vampire Hunter Gabriel Belmont" to honor him not realizing WHO GB is now.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
GameFAQS - ShadowReaver GameSpot - WraithAnubis
#13green_aboboPosted 8/12/2011 10:25:43 PM

xlegionx posted...
Is Gandolfi still alive? He could easily make another one that's a more conventional looking whip.

well thats what it is in LoI... a whip. just like evry other CV game w/ a belmont.

in LoS it was a cross w/ a chain in it and was a religious relic.

its all confusing but i think the two universes are different.

gabe was supposedly a cronqvist (orphaned) just like the dracula (mathias...last name) in LoI, it is mentioned in the character profiles, in LoS, but nothing is known for sure.

i dont know if mathias and gabriel are the same person or father/son, or there is no relation what so ever, but its confusing.

there was no satan ever in previous CVs. i didnt buy the dlc. its too much $ IMO.

#14Shadow ReaverPosted 8/13/2011 8:03:35 AM
green_abobo posted...

xlegionx posted...

.its all confusing but i think the two universes are different.

this, they have confirmed this is NOT part of the IGA timeline yet people on this board still insist that they are all connected. This game is a NEW timeline so you are correct in this statement.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
#15mmx2Posted 8/16/2011 9:11:44 AM
I'm sure in this new timeline they are going to use this as Dracula being the 1st Belmont then use some plot twist/retcon where he had many children while being a vampire or even not who grew up and of course had their own children but always fought him since he'd a Belmont out of control sort of a family secret and their responsibility and use it to explain why Belmonts always seem to have super natural powers and what not. Basically Alucard's story... sort of.

They didn't name him Belmont for nothing I'm sure. That would be stupid.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/mmx2
#16Shadow ReaverPosted 8/16/2011 6:32:04 PM
i could see then going in several different ways

1 - Belmont becomes a Title instead of a name after their Brother Gabriel defeated the 3 Lords, Like Fox in Metal Gear series.

2 - Another orphan joins the Order and takes the name in Honor of Gabriel

3 - somewhere down the line Gabriel has another wife and fathers a half breed child that may or may not be a new variation Alucard
---
#17Lord_of_DemonsPosted 8/25/2011 4:38:31 AM
Or how about that there are going to be other Vampire Hunter Clans (Morris clan, Baldwin Clan, Belnades Clan, etc) but unfortunately no Belmont Clan. Alucard may still exist though.
---
I am the demon lord of chaos!
#18VtalucardPosted 8/25/2011 6:55:30 AM
there are no Belmonts in the LOS Timeline since Dracula Destroyed and left behind the Vampire Killer in the Underworld.