Reaction: Alucard WAS Trevor Belmont

#1ShengaliPosted 6/1/2012 10:47:23 AM
K, so in the recently released trailer for Castlevania: Lords of Shadows 2 it shows a figure challenging Gabriel at the end. This figure uses a sword and sports long, white hair. The going theory is that it is Alucard.

Let me state here and now: I don't think that it is currently known how far apart the games take place! That leaves plenty of time to have Alucard.

However, since Mirror of Fate is supposed to lead up to Lords of Shadows 2 and Alucard seems very opposed to his father in the trailer... what if at the end of MoF that Trevor becomes a vampire, and becomes Alucard? They talk about a cursed bloodline... does that mean that they'll change? Would Gabriel change his son if/when he finally finds out that he exists? Or is 'cursed blood' just referring to Gabriel himself and that they're of his lineage?

If it is Trevor, it does add to the reasons that Alucard opposed Gabriel.

So, reactions?
#2LordoftheCastlePosted 6/1/2012 11:26:44 AM
Turning yet another Belmont into a vampire would be a horrible decision. He probably wouldn't switch to swords when his dad can conjure dumb energy whips. That and it would feel clumsy to use the same twist.

It's more likely that Alucard is one of the other two playable characters in Mirror of Fate.
---
Meet me bak at mah castle 4 sum wiked storwies...
There will be delicious /cake/ :3
#3Tyranus_ReidPosted 6/1/2012 11:31:44 AM
If Trevor was Gabriel's son and becomes Alucard it would be an odd mirroring of LoS. Depending on how it played it out could be good. Although at this point I don't it's even been confirmed if Alucard is Dracula's son in the new storyline (which would be weird if he wasn't).
---
~ Hey, where's my 'MK: Mythologies: Scorpion' game? ~
~ Rutger Hauer says hello and would you like some sliced melon? ~
#4GroundJordanPosted 6/1/2012 2:44:09 PM
LordoftheCastle posted...
Turning yet another Belmont into a vampire would be a horrible decision. He probably wouldn't switch to swords when his dad can conjure dumb energy whips. That and it would feel clumsy to use the same twist.

would an energy sword suffice?

http://redandblackwallpapers.com/wallpapers/lightsaber/full.jpg
---
"I do on the ground what Jordan did in the air"-Me
http://www.cobworldorder.com/
#5LordoftheCastlePosted 6/1/2012 4:17:17 PM
would an energy sword suffice?

I'd rather not have Issac make a reappearance.
---
Meet me bak at mah castle 4 sum wiked storwies...
There will be delicious /cake/ :3
#6ultra_primusPosted 6/1/2012 7:05:37 PM
I thought that Gabriel isn't a true Belmont. It was said during the story that he took up Belmont name. So how can Trevor become Alucard, unless Trevor isn't really a Belmont either?
#7Shadow ReaverPosted 6/1/2012 9:49:49 PM
I thought that Gabriel isn't a true Belmont. It was said during the story that he took up Belmont name. So how can Trevor become Alucard, unless Trevor isn't really a Belmont either?

back then very few people had last names and even then they were mostly nobles. so it is understandable that Gabriel taking the last name makes him the first in the line which would make his decedents "true" Belmonts.
---
We each play out the parts Fate has written for us. Free will is an Illusion. - Kain
#8RichterB17Posted 6/1/2012 10:38:05 PM
Now I'm confused. Who said Gabriel wasn't a real Belmont?
---
eff a dawg!!!!!!!
#9WiiareVenomPosted 6/1/2012 10:43:03 PM
Many, many people who were likely ignorant of how last names came to be in the old days....
---
You must let your anger be as a monkey in a pinata, hiding inside with the candy, hoping kids don't breakthrough with a stick.
#10G3cko360Posted 6/5/2012 10:32:19 AM
^Or, you know, those that read the manual and learned that he was born a Cronqvist and was given the name Belmont. Cronqvist should ring some bells, btw.
---
PSN: SufferThorn