Ten fathoms deep...

#1JKPSPPosted 3/5/2011 6:08:54 PM
We were all dead men anyway, dead for years now. Just needed to do this one last thing. Just had to make we didn’t go to hell alone, General. Gonna take you… every mother****** last one of you with us. And a sudden plunge in the sullen swell. Ten fathoms deep. On the road to hell.
---
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
"What miracle is this? This giant tree. It stands ten thousand feet high."
#2AethonWarriorPosted 3/5/2011 6:36:39 PM
I thought the prologue was actually really awesome and intense.
#3JKPSP(Topic Creator)Posted 3/5/2011 7:06:46 PM
I did too actually, it set it up greatly and that little monologue felt rather profound for the game, all about Hell and everything, 'taking the General to hell.' Which is a nice reference as Stygia is the adjectival form of Styx, the river Styx which leads to Hell.
---
"Common sense is not so common." - Voltaire
"What miracle is this? This giant tree. It stands ten thousand feet high."
#4JelekkPosted 3/5/2011 10:16:11 PM
I really loved that intro as well. Gray's monologue sounded very piratey in a classic pirate kind of way. Awesome stuff.
---
Dood!
#5JelekkPosted 3/5/2011 10:23:44 PM
I just realized that the monologue is lyrics from that yo ho ho and a bottle of rum pirate song. I knew they sounded familiar.
---
Dood!
#6shadowsword87Posted 3/6/2011 9:45:34 AM
I just realized that the monologue is lyrics from that yo ho ho and a bottle of rum pirate song. I knew they sounded familiar.

Actually the ten fathoms deep is from a story involving pirates, treasure, and a very stupid crew.
---
"Whoever made humanity would find no humanity here" The Road
#7master_rosePosted 3/6/2011 6:38:30 PM
That's actually Five Fool Fathoms or something like that. Not sutre on the other f that isn't five or Fathoms, but it's not ten.^
---
-Sincerely... Sundalius (Captain)
GT:Sundalius*obviously* Feel free to add me!
#8pookiejinPosted 3/6/2011 8:02:23 PM
yeah, there is actually some quality writing hiding behind the dick and fart jokes.
#9rockyoumonkeysPosted 3/7/2011 8:05:38 AM
I assumed that was a quote from Moby Dick or something.
---
X360: RockYouMonkeys
Now Reading: The Dreaming Void, P. Hamilton