are there actually 108 starbearers?

#1jakelrPosted 3/18/2009 9:59:17 AM
cause you would need a HUGE fortress and thats a lot of abilities to apply O_O what is it like 8-9 books times 108 starbearers equals around 800-900 abilities you can apply?!!!! insane
#2SealotPosted 3/18/2009 10:04:35 AM
All the abilities aren't original for each character :) And even though all 108 (I assume) are starbearers, they don't all fight in battles.
#3VoodooTigerPosted 3/18/2009 10:09:11 AM
I haven't picked up my copy of the game yet, but yes, there are 108 stars. Not all of them are usable in combat though.

The 108 is kind of this series' "thing". The original was loosely based off a great novel called Outlaws of the Marsh. In it, the 36 Heavenly and 72 Earthly Fiends all come together to form an army. Thus, the 108 Stars of Destiny.
---
I have it on good authority; if you type Google into Google, you can break the internet. So please, no one try it, even for a joke. ~ Jen, The I.T. Crowd
#4jeremycardsPosted 3/18/2009 10:52:08 AM
there's only 1 member who can't be used at all in battles. And that is Moana. Then there are 14 support characters who you dont directly use in battles. You just put them there and they give you some extra effect like healing you at the end of the turn. All the others are totally usable. even characters who are not supposed to fight (like the elder of your village, or your "mother", or some dancers, everyone fights)
#5the_famous_amosPosted 3/18/2009 11:15:51 AM
About the books and abilities (minor spoiler maybe? I'm paranoid about that)

Someone just has to touch a book to get an ability, so you don't need a book for every ability and every person. Just for that person to touch the book and they gain abilities.

(End Spoiler)