Amazing Game, Don't Be A Hater

#1shaun_ofda_deadPosted 9/1/2011 9:49:34 PM
This game is fantastic albeit with a few minor flaws. Its a game made for people who actually like video games, arcade style in a next gen world. Probably why it is so under rated. Its criminal that it does not get more respect.
#2PlayItRetroPosted 9/1/2011 11:10:25 PM
Been wanting to get this game. It's awesome that I saw this with your message just posted today and with this board's messages mostly locked.

Im a big action movie buff. Playing the demo I noticed very clever action scenes. I was wondering if the game has lots more of this stylized action in terms of the CUTSCENES! I'm sold on the gamneplay and that should be the only thing that matters, but I love clever n crazy action like that. Was curious if there are lots of crazy moments like in the demo.
#3godslayer88Posted 9/10/2011 4:20:23 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#4godslayer88Posted 9/10/2011 10:37:59 AM
bleehh im at the final boss now but it reallyyyy sucks. wanted to throw my controller through the tv. the camera angle is super low so its very hard to see when to jump over the lightning, then you gotta run from the flames under your feet however off-screen are more flames you cant see and keep running into. then theres this part where them wackos are shooting unreflectable flaming projectiles at you while at the same time the lightnings coming down on you, blend all of that in with the unresponsive controls and you get VERY frustrated.........i can almost cry, so much it pissed me off. thing is, i KNOW i kick ass, (finished both ninja gaiden 2's on master ninja) but theres just those factors that are so exceedingly annoying. --_--'

meh, still a good game, but screw the final level, im jus gonna fetch every yellow crystal i missed.....which is, all of them.
---
I hereby dub thee, KAWASAKI ZX9R NINJA, to be my lawful motorcycle, in sickness and in health, till death or end-of-warranty do us part.
#5godslayer88Posted 9/11/2011 5:10:30 AM
ok, i just beat the final boss. its safe to say i will NEVER touch this game again. mission 9 absolutely sure. what a frustrating stupid ass boss. the final kanbe i just had to spam ninja vision and then spam X, run around like an idiot waiting for the ki build up, rinse and repeat.
why? cuss he blocks EVERY OTHER ATTACK. grrrrrrrrr it happens rarely when a game pisses me off SO MUCH. the other levels are OK but as for mission 9 im officially a hater
---
I hereby dub thee, KAWASAKI ZX9R NINJA, to be my lawful motorcycle, in sickness and in health, till death or end-of-warranty do us part.
#6PlayItRetroPosted 9/12/2011 11:28:25 AM
Are the action scenes sexy?
#7godslayer88Posted 9/13/2011 6:20:02 AM
PlayItRetro posted...
Are the action scenes sexy?

well ehm, how to put it...theyre probably sexy.
its just that i didnt really get much of a chance to look since basically every cutscene is a QTE. i was more looking down to the bottom of the screen to see which button i had to press for the QTE so, didnt catch much of the scenes.
---
#8shaun_ofda_dead(Topic Creator)Posted 9/21/2011 4:09:28 PM

@PlayItRetro

Thats one of the great things about this game, the cutscenes with the quicktime events. The game is choke full of them, and it never breaks from the action. The action sequences are "sexy" especially if you like killing giant bug things. The only downfall would be the quicktime event for the last boss, but it is what it is...

@godslayer88

yes the last boss is a jerk. and the last quicktime event with him is not very accurate which is odd because of the rest of the quicktime events and how accurate those are. I had the same trouble you did on the last boss that you did, to the point I played against him for no less than one hour and 45 minutes trying to get the quicktime event to work, then when it didn't going through and getting his health down again till it showed up. But after I was done with him, I felt quite satisfied. And it didn't keep me from wanting to play the game through again. So @PlayItRetro, when you get to this part, don't get discouraged! The timing is just SUPER precise for this particular quicktime event.

This game has mad replay value, that is a fact for sure!