When/how do I spend PP points? (Spoilers)

#1trigunfan1Posted 5/2/2010 11:54:28 AM
My pp points are just sitting there and I was wondering how do I spend them after I read in the manuel that pp points boost stats.
#2FelkaPosted 5/2/2010 12:03:24 PM
At the camp menu, when you move the cursor to "Status", you'll notice that the Y button icon shows up next to it. If you hit Y, you'll be able to choose between "Use PP", "Party", and "Level". (The second and third options sort all your party members according to their position in your formation or their level, respectively)

If you're planning on doing a second run through the game, you probably will want to conserve your PP some...if not, feel free to splurge using it to boost up stats for characters you like. Do note that you probably won't want to use too much on the hero/heroines of each generation, as they will leave your party at the end of that generation.

That being said, pumping VIT early on for characters you plan on using can be a good idea--in addition to the DEF gain, it'll also increase the amount of Max HP the character gains each time they level up--3 HP per point of base VIT every level.
#3trigunfan1(Topic Creator)Posted 5/2/2010 12:17:15 PM
Thank you. I'm sure that must have been listed somewhere and I just missed it.
#4Blade SeekerPosted 5/2/2010 1:00:46 PM
Why wouldn't you want to use it on the main characters? The PP they gain can only be used on them can't they? And don't the stat points you put into your character carry over in new game+, just your level is reset?

---
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey
#5ZaishiPosted 5/2/2010 2:14:07 PM
Stat points and PP are totally different. Stat points are gained as a character levels and can only be spent on them. PP is gained for killing bosses and completing titles and can be spent like stat points on any character you want.

The main characters (hero and three heroines) disappear at the end of each generation. It's only until you find an item in the next generation that allows you to bring them back though, which takes like 20 turns into the next generation to happen. I wouldn't really worry about it unless you are totally and completely relying on a particular character to finish battles, as it might be difficult fighting the 20 or so required to get them back.
#6Blade SeekerPosted 5/2/2010 2:17:25 PM
Wow. I never noticed that PP page before so I have never used any. I did use all my Hero/Heroines in my party in the first gen but I did a little grinding so Ellis and Borg have been carrying me through a little grinding in gen 2 to get the returning characters up to par but this will help their survival.

---
I know that you believe that you understood what you think I said, but I am not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.
- Robert McCloskey
#7J0hn13nn0nC1ivPosted 5/2/2010 4:04:09 PM
I'm just dumping most of my PP into Ellis. She's my kickass little loli. :)
---
"Thou shalt not use poetry, art or music to get into girls pants... Use it to get into their heads."
GT: RhymesandRakes
#8ZaishiPosted 5/2/2010 4:06:44 PM
^You may want to look at the front of the game manual. She grows up, sadly. Though her voice still sounds like she's speaking through a traffic cone for me.
#9OkamiakuPosted 5/2/2010 7:13:51 PM
I hear Ellis stays with you almost teh whole game so pumping her stats with PP is the best option.
I hear she 1 shots enemys with impulse with suffciant magic
---
- Black Shuck - Member of Black Hounds Hunting team
I walk the Darkest of Paths, that of Eternal Death..
#10xgunnas32Posted 5/3/2010 11:32:27 PM
im not a big fan of upping vit since upping str/int will kill faster leading to increased tp/pp etc. it worked well for cross edge until late game, let see how it is this time around.