Class Up/Proof of Valor

#1FelkaPosted 5/3/2010 7:45:40 PM
Just wanted to pick the brains of those who've gotten to level 50 and beyond already--I've gotten 12 Proof of Valors for Classing Up characters, from assorted titles, treasure chests, and the like. I know that the stat bonuses for classing a character up are substantial, along with increased AP, MOV, and 2 additional skill slots.

What I'm wondering is, do I need to worry about conserving these items at all? Having 12 when I'm only 22 turns into Generation 3 suggests that maybe they aren't all that rare, but I wanted to know sooner than later, since I anticipate a number of my characters getting to level 50, or at least within spitting distance, before I finish this chapter out. Like, if you mostly get them from titles, and I've exhausted all the easy-to-get ones, I don't want to find myself in a situation where I run out and have a character I'd like to use locked out of getting their class change. Since the power discrepancy between a character that's been promoted and one that hasn't looks to be large, I don't want to be put in a situation where a character I like just doesn't stack up to the others because of this.
---
PSN: Neeya, Xbox LIVE: MerrylEDF
#2ZaishiPosted 5/4/2010 7:14:02 AM
I think I had like 22 of them when I started promoting characters last night. I don't expect there to be that many characters I really want to use so I didn't give it a second thought. Some of the recent titles I got gave like 2 or 3 of them. I don't know if they are are limited or not, but there's only like 40 some characters AFAIK and I already know of 20 or so I don't care much for.
#3Felka(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2010 8:00:01 AM
Oh good, glad to hear I won't have to worry about it too much--I have a bad habit in these sorts of games of wanting to try to level up all the characters eventually...right now, I've got maybe 10 that I sort of rotate through, trying to keep levels mostly even, and I'm sure that that number will only grow once I move into Gen 4/5, so...But yeah, if you had 22 while still in Gen 3, I guess I don't have to be paranoid about using them.
---
#4DeadSPosted 5/4/2010 7:26:21 PM
if every char has 3 specials, aragest wiki lists 102 EX specials, or 34 characters.
---
"Through time, through space, it will never end."
#5SipherwoodPosted 5/4/2010 7:47:45 PM
Semi Spoiler ---

When you start a new game, you will be able to reget ALL your proofs again. So use them to your hearts content
#6Felka(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2010 7:55:45 PM
Thanks for that info...hadn't thought of looking at total headcount, so that eases my worries considerably. Guess I'll just start tossing them around as soon as I start having characters reaching level 50, then.
---
#7InferenionPosted 5/9/2010 7:48:02 PM
How do you use these proof of valors exactly? I click on Items -> Use -> Proof of Valor then tried selecting a character to use it but it does nothing or rather I see nothing change and nothing being used. Do they have to be at a certain level to be used? Most of mine are lvl 47 already.
#8Demonic_ChildPosted 5/9/2010 7:54:02 PM
"How do you use these proof of valors exactly? I click on Items -> Use -> Proof of Valor then tried selecting a character to use it but it does nothing or rather I see nothing change and nothing being used. Do they have to be at a certain level to be used? Most of mine are lvl 47 already."
3 Levels to go then. Granted, some characters do gain different Will Powers depending on when you choose to class change them so doing so immediately isn't always the best course of action.
---
GT: Eusis Landale
Playing: Record of Agarest War, Left 4 Dead 2
#9InferenionPosted 5/9/2010 7:56:01 PM
Ah right. Lvl 50. Should've reach above more clearly ><

Thanks.
#10EmagEmagPosted 5/9/2010 8:00:49 PM
Keep in mind the level at which you use it on them may affect what willpowers they get when they level. Duran is a prime example depending on if you use it between 52 and 53 he gets unleash all but if you wait till after level 54 he gets unleash magic.
---
PSN: Emag6256
XBL: Mizuiro Hisaki