WHY the wii?

#21Shadow_StarWolfPosted 9/22/2008 9:07:07 PM
The real question is, of course, why was it built using a Wii board.

A new, powerful system that isn't expensive as well? Trying out something new?

---
"Oh no, one of my favorite cafes got totaled! When this is all done, I want a first class meal."
~ Panther Caluroso
#22the36thchamberPosted 9/23/2008 8:12:09 AM
Microsoft and Sony may not approved the game because it's a 2D game and 2D game don't belong in a Xbox 360 or PS3 unless they are downloadable like Super Street Fighter II: Turbo HD Remix.

Blazblue on PS3 would like to smack some sense into your head.

king of fighters xii also says hi
---
#23HokutoNoBenPosted 9/23/2008 10:52:21 AM
A new, powerful system that isn't expensive as well? Trying out something new?

Either of those could be a viable reason.

I'd also like to throw in "because this game is being developed by 8ing" into the pot.

It goes without saying that 8ing has a good deal of experience dealing with Nintendo hardware, their fairly extensive Naruto GNT/Clash of Ninja series for the GC and Wii are certainly indicative of that.

So, it might have very well been a thing that they openly elected to have this project on this Wii board and Wii, because, again, they're familiar with the architecture and thought that it would be a perfectly fine place to put this particular game. Not unlike how System 246/256 (PS2) was ideal for them concerning Fate: UC.
---
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/
That's that there TatsuCap, baby!
#24Pikawil100Posted 9/23/2008 12:53:59 PM
And let's not forget the demographics.
---
This space is for sale.
#25HokutoNoBenPosted 9/23/2008 1:15:55 PM
Demographics only factors to a certain degree.

After all, if it was truly demographics that they were after, this game probably would have been made on 246/256(PS2). That's the place where you can pretty much guarantee sales PLUS don't spend much in the way of revenue to develop such a project.

It's more likely that Capcom wanted to just do more to spread things out, and cover as many bases as possible. You got Fate:UC on one end (246/PS2), you got SF4 on the other (TX2/PS3 and etc.) and now, you got something in the middle (Wii and its arcade equivalent). And for each "tier" you got a lil bit of something for everyone, thus MOST are happy. XD

Meanwhile, again, it's my theory that 8ing making another Wii title just seems to be more of a matter of convenience, than any thing else. Thanks to Naruto, they already have a "presence" on the Nintendo platform. TC just stands to give them another notch to their belt, to expand their market appeal.

And judging by the way TC has been received in Japan thus far, they look to be doing just that. They WISH that their own product, Bloody Roar, was able to move people like TC is. XD
---
Tatsunoko vs. Capcom - http://www.capcom.co.jp/tatsucap/
That's that there TatsuCap, baby!
#26Will SmithPosted 9/25/2008 3:30:03 PM
Stop complaining, TvC deserves to be on the Wii. BattleFantasia was already lost on the PS3, and the 360 and PS3 can't hog up all the fighting games. >_>

Controls aren't an issue. I'm sure they are looking for as much controller support as possible (Arcade Stick, Classic Controller, GameCube, etc) so that it can be played by hardcore fans of both anime and Capcom fighting games.
#27BaeshinPosted 9/25/2008 9:12:03 PM
well if this game isnt coming to a powerful system i may have to break down and get a wii. wii has tenchu 4 and monster hunter 3 coming so i may have to go ahead and get one now,
---
PSN ID: Baeshin
http://live.xbox.com/member/Hariken Yellow