FAQ Topic UAS Edition (please request sticky)

#61Dying_2_Liv3Posted 2/1/2012 3:29:09 PMmessage detail
One thing I can't remember.. When first registering for wifi, you can set your region. Usa, Europe etc. If I remember correctly, there are some strange options like Universe. What if I choose that? Will I be able to play even against those from a different confinet who dont' have worldwide search?
Sorry if it's a bit silly.. But I can't figure that on my own w/o deleting my current account.
#62Dying_2_Liv3Posted 2/1/2012 3:37:47 PMmessage detail
Continent * damn touch screen XD
Is there some kind of tutorial or video that explains air combos? I would appreciate a link. I don't understand the concept fully.. I'm having trouble with pulling off the whole combo as described in the FAQ on this site. For example launch>LLMM>MM>special>super. Sometimes I fail to connect those two M attacks after the second jump :/ Can't figure if it is because I'm too slow(with the inputs generally or maybe with the jump after the launch attack), is my timing wrong or is it something about jumping straight or diagonally. Or is it sth else? :/
#63Supra574Posted 2/6/2012 4:53:58 AMmessage detail

One thing I can't remember.. When first registering for wifi, you can set your region. Usa, Europe etc. If I remember correctly, there are some strange options like Universe. What if I choose that? Will I be able to play even against those from a different confinet who dont' have worldwide search?
Sorry if it's a bit silly.. But I can't figure that on my own w/o deleting my current account.

the country icon is purely your choice, it doesn't reflect where you live. The star, universe or darkness are just for fun.

wifi is set to domestic by default but you can set it to worldwide if you would like to in wifi settings. You can switch it back and forth pretty seemlessly.

Continent * damn touch screen XD
Is there some kind of tutorial or video that explains air combos? I would appreciate a link. I don't understand the concept fully.. I'm having trouble with pulling off the whole combo as described in the FAQ on this site. For example launch>LLMM>MM>special>super. Sometimes I fail to connect those two M attacks after the second jump :/ Can't figure if it is because I'm too slow(with the inputs generally or maybe with the jump after the launch attack), is my timing wrong or is it something about jumping straight or diagonally. Or is it sth else? :/

air combos take some practice but it also varies from person to person. usually when you do an air combo you wait a quick moment after the launch to press up and to do the second double MM you usually have to press the jump as just another button and some people can't do a double MM at all :P

although, with some people it does work if you diagonally jump sometimes rather than straight up depending on the hitbox of the move and the trajectory of the launch

hope that helps
---
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." Aldous Huxley
#64NazdroviePosted 2/6/2012 7:08:03 AMmessage detail
Also worth mentioning is that when you're doing you LLMM > MM link, there should be a bit of space between the jump and the second set of MMs. If you MM immediately after you jump, then you'll do a "falling jump", if you will, where you do not actually go up.
---
PSN: Light_Frog - BBCS: Jin/Hazzy/Valky user. Mostly Valky.
TvC WiFi: THE GAME 5457-1342-0698 - Volnutt FOREVER!!!
#65Dying_2_Liv3Posted 2/6/2012 3:52:33 PMmessage detail
Thanks.
Well, the last post makes a lot of sense. I noticed that when I try to do em quicker, my air combos break. Yesterday I was playing against a tough opponent who uses Batsu. His air combos were really slow and lenghty, just like you said, he had a noticable gap before the second MM but he landed all of the attacks and I couldnt guard against them. It was so slow, yet so effective. I'll try that in my next training session, thank you very much.
#66gatoooPosted 3/5/2012 1:50:11 AMmessage detail
I want to buy the game but I was wondering if even now you can find players online ?
#67Supra574Posted 3/5/2012 10:07:29 AMmessage detail
You can, it just depends on the time zone and time of day usually.

although it is dwindling
---
"Experience is not what happens to you. It is what you do with what happens to you." Aldous Huxley
#68SMT-DDRPosted 6/23/2012 1:29:41 PMmessage detail
I'll just leave this here:

http://tatvscapwii.dontrush.me/

Watch the proxy server to see who's online at any given time.

NOTE: If I'm able to hack TekkenTourney2 on the WiiU.... and it turns out to a popular game... there's a good chance this TvC proxy will be replaced by TTT2 stuff.
---
TVC:FC=2622-4219-5784
#69OS_B_BoyPosted 6/23/2013 12:08:45 AMmessage detail
One year ago