The message you selected is no longer available for viewing.

Survey: If Tatsunoko vs Capcom had a sequel

#1AdeptRogueNagiPosted 3/27/2011 5:19:59 PM

After hearing several posts and ideas on how this game is to be "perfected" or improved, let's all fill in some with our own opinions and free to state our reasons why. Use your imagination and know the limits (just for the consideration of others). The survey does not limit these questions so bringing new ones of up can be helpful.

For starters, let's start with these questions if there were to be a sequel:

-Would you want the sequel to be published in a different console(s)?

-What kind of game mode(s) would you want?

-Should the cross-over actually spend the music-licensing in order to play original themes of characters?

-A Tatsunoko or Capcom character you want not in this game? Suggest some! If so, try to list some characterizations on how specific they're gameplay is, such as special moves and hyper combos etc.

-Returning characters, how would they be any different from before?

-Roll exceptionally has a different ending of credits rolling, should this exception be applied to other characters?

Here's my response:

NOTE: none of my ideas are patent, just pending.

-Wii.

-Customizable color schemes for each character. I really doubt it, since I've only seen it in 2D fighting games. (Zero's saber purple, Red Hadoken, Ebony Lightan anyone?) plus with a freedom like that, who knows what imaginations could wander off to a certain Morrigan.

-As long as they are remixes, just hearing a familiar theme that doesn't blend with the fighting mood can be very distracting, unless they it's optional to have it on in the first place.

-Characters:

*Dio(Casshern Sins): faster dashes, heavier gravity than Casshan, weaker damage output than Casshan himself.

+Plasma kick(ground): hits low, hits medium or behind(wallbounces on medium and behind) If Casshan has a lightning punch, why not a kick?

*Eko Hoshunin (Karas): All his lights and medium attacks should be swung by katana, his heavy shall be variant to kicks or punches.

+Ungaikyo(ground and air): Throws a spinning katana at variant directions (you can think of Captain America's Shield Slash)

+White Dragon (hyper combo 3): A train rams the entire ground level as it becomes a mechanized dragon, holding the opponent as the horns spark up a beam and fires the opponent (i was thinking of making the dragon swallow the opponent, but where would he/she come out?)

*Nue (Karas): -UNFURNISHED- The idea of him using guns, motorbike, and a Mikura makes him stand out.

*Shurato Hidaka and Gai Kuroki (Legend of heavenly sphere Shurato): -UNFURNISHED-

*Hiei (Darker than Black): -UNFURNISHED- If MvC3 has Wesker, why not Hiei in this? (might not work since it's in-between animation, not Tatsunoko original)

*Kyosuke (Rival Schools): -Not my suggestion, my friend made it)

Returning Characters: Change Golden Lightan's dash.

Exceptionally different credit rolls on certain character(s): Could care less.

#2pops111Posted 3/27/2011 5:44:38 PM
Sure why not

At the risk of getting flamed...yes.

As much as I love TvC on the wii, I know it would've had a much wider audience on the PS3 or 360, how long it would last is another story.

I'm not big on game modes in a fighting game, as long as training and multiplayer work, anything else is just a bonus.

-Should the cross-over actually spend the music-licensing in order to play original themes of characters?
I rather enjoy stage themes myself. If character themes make a comeback I'll be very neutral about it, but I wouldn't mind them coming back.

-A Tatsunoko or Capcom character you want in this game? Suggest some! If so, try to list some characterizations on how specific they're gameplay is, such as special moves and hyper combos etc.

Phoenix Wright would be pretty neat, but another Rival Schools rep would be awesome. I'll also jump on the bandwagon and ask for Gene.

For my own original Suggestion on the Capcom side, Tessa from Red Earth has always interested me or throw me Rufus from SFIV

As for Tatsunoko, I'm really not sure, Gawl (Of Generator Gawl) would be really cool to see.

Obviously some balancing would be done. I really see no reason to give PTX auto-armor (I'm noticing a trend with Capcom and robots) and I personally think Zero's jabs should be toned down. Mabye I would like to see variable assists, Assuming the roster is the same with some new faces, there seriously needs to be more OTG assists for Frank. He can OTG on his own, but it would help out to have more than 2 OTG assists.

Other than that, I have no real suggestions. If they gain a normal here or a new attack there, I'd be perfectly content.

-Roll exceptionally has a different ending of credits rolling, should this exception be applied to other characters?
Neat little feature, I'd like it, but only if the core content was completed
#3DMGirlPosted 3/27/2011 9:32:38 PM
Hmm... Let's see...

Yes, PS3 and X Box 360 would be nice. As a stretch you could probably add the 3DS.

A true Story Mode, a Versus Mode, Survival Mode, and whatever is already on this.

Yeah, I'd like to hear actual character themes, similar to how MvC3 did it. However, I want Zero to have his X3 theme.

-A Tatsunoko or Capcom character you want not in this game? Suggest some! If so, try to list some characterizations on how specific they're gameplay is, such as special moves and hyper combos etc.

Must... Resist... Urge... To say... MEGAMAN X! I imagine he'd be SIMILAR to Volnutt (Hence why this is unlikely.) with his Buster Shot, and his ability to switch skills. He would probably have the Z-Saber as a Hyper Move or something, and his Special Moves would involve elemental shots. I wouldn't mind seeing Harp Note from Megaman Star Force. She could use her guitar to hit people with and could her Special Moves could consist of having musical notes and heart waves (No pun intended.)

Roll would have her later appearance (The one with the dress with sleeves and buttons.) and Zero's alternate colors would be different, consisting of the ACTUAL Black Zero, a Nightmare Zero coloring, and a new color based on white that would be similar to a Paladin's coloring or something. Don't know why I think that would be good... Any other characters can stay as they are, 'cause I don't know anything about any of the others really. Oh, Megaman Volnutt is different because he is now X.

I suppose. I don't really care too much.
---
DMGirl means Dark Magician Girl, just to let you know. Megaman X and Zero are so cool! ^.^
#4jk_jhomarPosted 3/27/2011 9:58:56 PM
As long as the wii still gets it, I don't really care.

1-player, Training, and Multiplayer...with "Online Usage Stats" (I think it'll be interesting to see the most popular character every week, month, overall, etc.).

Character themes are awesome.

*Capcom 1.) Natsu from Rival Schools (the Volleyball player I think) so we can have more OTG assists. She can dive like she was going for a save in Volleyball. :P
*I don't know any characters from Tatsunoko. :(

*Giants should be pushed back from Megacrash...seriously! >_<
*PTX less "autoblock" >_<
*Doronjo should summon a tree or boulder for her assist. :D
*Morrigan and Karas should do more damage...or not. :D

Only the worthy characters...like Morrigan and Doronjo. :P

@AdeptRogueNagi - I think the "customizable color schemes" is the best idea thus far. It'll give us a use for "countless" Zenny we earn and it'll be fun seeing the crazy stuff people come up with (like Tekken 6). :D
#5NazdroviePosted 3/27/2011 10:42:16 PM

I honestly couldn't care less as long as it is released on the Wii :D

A different online system? Recording inputs in Training mode? To be honest, I'd prefer the latter over the former, but that's just me :P

I would enjoy this very much. Though stage themes are fine as well.

Don't know too much about Tatsunoko sadly, but for Capcom characters...

- Franziska von Karma from the Phoenix Wright series. Just for lolz. :D
- Axl from Megaman X. Just to lol at people that want X in >:D *is punch'd*
- Amaterasu from Okami. Just because of envy :(

Karas
- More damage per hit. And maybe less damage scaling on his Lvl. 3
- LESS CRAZY LONG COMBOS! Just these changes seem to be good enough...
* Kasha doesn't stagger on hit-- 236M and H follow-up lifts opponent, L follow-up doesn't.
* A bit longer charge time needed for Kasha. Kasha > 2H loop is still a tad ridiculous.
- Just a bit more health. Him having less health than Roll is still a strange thought.

Tekkaman
- An attack that is actually quick. He is in desperate need of that.

Volnutt
- Sped up Shield attack. As it is right now as a defensive tool, it takes a LOT of prediction or maybe even clairvoyance in order to use properly. Or maybe I'm just too slow...
- Some use for a fully charged Mega Buster mid-screen in a combo. Got one in the corner and you can get 35,000 easily. Got one mid-screen and you're gonna deal 21,000 - 25,000 (unless you switched into the drill to cancel the charge, so all that hard work would be for nothing D:) Sadly, I can't think of anything to accomplish this goal.

Roll
- Give her an option against Giants :D Maybe some sort of ~*Magic Rainbow*~ command throw?
- Better approach options. IAD > j.H Has TERRIBLE hit stun on grounded enemies, and Dash > 2L isn't exactly very safe.

Joe
- You know that Six Machine you gave him in MvC3? Either make the one he has now unblockable or give us that.

I'd like to see that happen, but only if it was done well. Otherwise, I wouldn't care at all.
---
This guy are bored :| Entertain me, all you other people!
TvC ID: [ THE GAME ] 5457-1342-0698
#6tacomachefPosted 3/28/2011 7:19:17 AM

As long as it's on the Wii, I'd be happy. Actually, I'd probably prefer it to be just on the Wii. That way, there'd actually be people playing it online on the Wii---as opposed to everyone playing the PS3 or 360 version.

Decent online is all that really matters.

Would be neat, I guess. But not necessary, IMO.

I'm not so familiar with Tatsunoko, but I'll list some Capcom characters:

- A rep from the G'nG series. MVC3 got Arthur. I'd love to see him, Maximo, or perhaps Firebrand from Gargoyle's Quest.

- A Power Stone rep.

- Perhaps a Phoenix Wright or Ghost Trick rep?

I like the idea of more color options. (I'd like matching green costumes for my teams.) Also, an alternative custome would be a nice addition.

Meh.....doesn't matter, I guess.
---
Push the button, Frank.
Tatsunoko vs Capcom: 1248-3232-0440 (T-CHEF)
#7MetaternalPosted 3/28/2011 9:51:58 AM

Sure, the more the merrier.

The ones that are in the game already are fine with me.

Definitely. This time they should try to give every character a remix, because a couple were just plucked from the source.

For Tatsunoko, the only ones I can think of are Speed Racer, Tekkaman Evil (none of that alt nonsense) and Komugi. I think there should be more playable villains in the sequel, since we only have Doronjo now. Oh, and get Hakushon back in there!

For Capcom, I'd really like to see Phoenix Wright. I feel he may end up with a Mr. Game & Watch-type moveset though. But he needs a tackle (lol).

I'd also like to see Alastor (villains). He should translate smoothly like Joe did. They could surprise me with any others. Hmm, I need to play more Capcom games...

Aside from the obvious Karas boosts, bring Blade's damage output down a tad. Maybe make Bird Missiles more viable. If Volnutt doesn't get replaced, give him some actual specials. Give Frank West a better c.M. And so on.

That'd be nice.

#8AdeptRogueNagi(Topic Creator)Posted 3/28/2011 11:47:50 AM

Nazdrovie posted...

Don't know too much about Tatsunoko sadly, but for Capcom characters...

- Franziska von Karma from the Phoenix Wright series. Just for lolz. :D
- Axl from Megaman X. Just to lol at people that want X in >:D *is punch'd*
- Amaterasu from Okami. Just because of envy :(

What about Vile and Sigma? Capcom actually gave Vile quite an arsenel at Maverick Hunter X.

Not too sure about Sigma since he practically uses a sword, turns into a giant reploid etc

#9hobobelmontPosted 3/28/2011 12:00:25 PM
Console: I'm not too picky, since I have both a Wii and PS3. As much as I prefer the aesthetics of TvC, MvC3 is very pretty on the HD systems. Plus I don't go online very often and mostly play with friends, so the online isn't an issue for me.

Modes: Despite all the complaining about MvC3, I don't really need much more than Arcade, Versus, Training, and maybe a Mission/Event mode of some sort. Having Ultimate All-Shooters return would be fun though.

Licensing Themes: Would be nice, but I'd rather them spend the licensing on...

New Characters: SPEED RACER. Seriously, make it happen!
Also, since he is apparently too outlandish for MvC3, Jin and his giant mecha summoning are perfect for TvC2.
I second Kyosuke, but I'd rather go with Hinata.
Finally, as much as Resident Evil gets too much attention, I'd actually like some RE2/CV/4 representation. Even though I like the RE5 cast individually, having Chris, Wesker, and Jill in MvC3 leaves a sour taste.

Old Characters: Unnerf Karas. I understand removing the infinite, but if he's going to be a glass cannon, at least let him do reasonable damage to compensate for the low health and impossible combos.
Everyone else is fine. Sure, Lightan sucks, but if he were good then fighting him would be even more unfun for everyone else.

Credits: New game = new credits. Capcom can go crazy for all I care.
#10dearscythePosted 3/28/2011 12:16:19 PM

No because I only have Wii.

The usuals plus the All-Stars Shooting game on wifi with 4 player co-op mode!!!!

Just give me Zero and Karas' theme, then I would be happy.

Yurine from Karas' anime. Let her be a crazy magic nuker or something.

Give PTX double jump and super jump abilities!

PTX <3