Knight or Gladiator?

#1force_edgePosted 8/24/2009 5:02:15 AM
So, I've decided to start trying out a Warrior, and the thing is, I can't really decide which job I'm going to go for. I'm a Soul Calibur fan, and of Siegfried, so I thought it would be nice to have a humongous sword like that, so I leaned towards a Gladiator for awhile.

Then again, my main character is a Harlequin, and I thought that a Gladiator would be too similar to that. But a Knight seems to have more cons than pros.

Anyone like to suggest why I should really stay away/heavily lean towards either class? I already know their basic pros and cons, I'm just looking to see if there's anything that could help me decide.
---
"Playing SFIV when you can be playing Guilty Gear is like forgoing wine in favor of drinking out of the gutter." - TianXia7541
#2WanderingPencilPosted 8/24/2009 11:56:22 AM
Knight is only good for tanking and PvP. You'll basically need to be leeched the whole way through levels. I'm playing knight, I own in PvP, but compared to other classes, my damage output is horrible towards monsters.
#3force_edge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2009 12:16:40 PM
So, if I were to go with Knight/Gladiator, I wouldn't even be much use in MMs, even if I manage to get parties consistently?
---
"Playing SFIV when you can be playing Guilty Gear is like forgoing wine in favor of drinking out of the gutter." - TianXia7541
#4WanderingPencilPosted 8/24/2009 12:55:43 PM
Knights and Gladiators are only good for cleaning, but because our damage output and combo rates aren't high, they don't contribute well to getting a good grade.
#5force_edge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/24/2009 1:47:22 PM
Hmmm alright WPencil. Just one last question: Would a Gladiator be too similar to a Jester/Harley? I'm kinda looking for a new experience here.
---
#6WanderingPencilPosted 8/24/2009 1:56:13 PM
Hmm, I don't really think they're similar. Jesters have the ability of those huge AoE skills with quick damage. Gladiator, being the most powerful class, has insane damage output, but not too great against mobs.
#7force_edge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2009 3:10:57 AM
Hmm, I don't really think they're similar. Jesters have the ability of those huge AoE skills with quick damage. Gladiator, being the most powerful class, has insane damage output, but not too great against mobs.

Thanks, in that case I think I'll shoot for a Gladiator/Myrmidon when I JC :D
---
#8WanderingPencilPosted 8/25/2009 5:13:37 AM
Keep in mind, if you want to make this character for the sole purpose of PvP, Knight is far more superior.
#9force_edge(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2009 8:33:53 AM
Yup got it, but I'm more of a PvM player. I barely touch PvP as it is lol.
---