Roxas Card?

#1BlackRose09Posted 8/18/2011 8:09:43 PM
So before I beat the game, I went to the room to see if I could get the card, but no dice. Opened both then left. I then went to beat the game. I'm now in Reverse/Rebirth, can I still get the card or did I lose my chance?
#2meggido_flarePosted 8/18/2011 8:36:37 PM
To answer your question yes. And I believe beating the game and starting a r/r file is the only way to unlock roxas.
---
The bird is the word.
Critical: Terra lv99 Ventus lv99 Aqua lv68
#3JabodiePosted 8/18/2011 11:03:38 PM
You can go back for it.
---
<insert sig here>
#4meggido_flarePosted 8/18/2011 11:07:03 PM
I also meant yes you can go back and get it. I have a bad habit of just saying yes or no when asked questions like that lol sorry.
---
The bird is the word.
Critical: Terra lv99 Ventus lv99 Aqua lv68
#5falconesquePosted 8/19/2011 8:50:42 AM
Heh, with all the GBA questions lately, you are looking in Twilight Town, right? Things being elsewhere is one of the larger differences and has tripped up many a player.

Otherwise, a couple of questions needed to clarify, because this can be a muddle.

1. When you finished Sora's game, did you save on the Battle Record screen?

2. When you started Riku's game, did you overwrite Sora's game or choose another save slot? In other words, can you still load Sora's game?

If yes to both, then no, you didn't miss the card. Load Sora's game and go pick it up.

Something you said, however, may hint at a further complication. The Roxas enemy card is a one-time-only find. Rewards rooms only hold two chests after you've saved on Sora's Battle Record, and then loaded that saved game.

If you didn't save, Twilight Town's Rewards room would still have only one chest, and if there are indeed two chests but neither produces the Roxas card, that means you've already acquired that card -- double-check Card Index > Enemy Cards to see if Roxas is listed.

But here's the muddle. Do you share the system or play from a downloaded save game?

The triggers for what card's unlocked when is stored on the memory card as a ReCOM "System Data" file. That's why in a new game for Sora, the Rewards rooms has two chests -- yielding both Special Treasures -- right from the start. If that file is mismatched or deleted, weird results ensue.

Look for a "flowchart" in the FAQs section of my guide for a clear illustration of the "usual" progress. There's also a full verbose breakdown in "E.3.2 SAVE FILES", but that's not recommended for anyone but bitheads. This has truly confused loads of players.

BTW, the Cheats page here is wrong about nearly every card's requirements, whether a little or a lot. Sure, you can get the _____ card after completing Riku's game, but you could picked it up without ever playing as Riku. Thanks for reporting those cheats as "doesn't work for me".
---
Guides & other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King
#6BlackRose09(Topic Creator)Posted 8/25/2011 8:40:27 AM
falconesque posted...
Heh, with all the GBA questions lately, you are looking in Twilight Town, right? Things being elsewhere is one of the larger differences and has tripped up many a player.

Otherwise, a couple of questions needed to clarify, because this can be a muddle.

1. When you finished Sora's game, did you save on the Battle Record screen?

2. When you started Riku's game, did you overwrite Sora's game or choose another save slot? In other words, can you still load Sora's game?

If yes to both, then no, you didn't miss the card. Load Sora's game and go pick it up.

Something you said, however, may hint at a further complication. The Roxas enemy card is a one-time-only find. Rewards rooms only hold two chests after you've saved on Sora's Battle Record, and then loaded that saved game.

If you didn't save, Twilight Town's Rewards room would still have only one chest, and if there are indeed two chests but neither produces the Roxas card, that means you've already acquired that card -- double-check Card Index > Enemy Cards to see if Roxas is listed.

But here's the muddle. Do you share the system or play from a downloaded save game?

The triggers for what card's unlocked when is stored on the memory card as a ReCOM "System Data" file. That's why in a new game for Sora, the Rewards rooms has two chests -- yielding both Special Treasures -- right from the start. If that file is mismatched or deleted, weird results ensue.

Look for a "flowchart" in the FAQs section of my guide for a clear illustration of the "usual" progress. There's also a full verbose breakdown in "E.3.2 SAVE FILES", but that's not recommended for anyone but bitheads. This has truly confused loads of players.

BTW, the Cheats page here is wrong about nearly every card's requirements, whether a little or a lot. Sure, you can get the _____ card after completing Riku's game, but you could picked it up without ever playing as Riku. Thanks for reporting those cheats as "doesn't work for me".

To answer your question:

Yes it is Twilight Town I'm looking at, and it's not GBA.

1. Yes I saved when I finished
2. No I didn't. I always have two profiles of Riku's and Sora's game, so it's kinda hard for me to overwrite.

Well, funny thing... I do have it. lol. I guess I forgot since I haven't played Sora's part in awhile. But still it's good news to the people that are worried they never got it.

No, it's my original saved file, from the real game and real system. No downloaded crap.
#7falconesquePosted 8/26/2011 7:36:58 AM
Glad you found the card, great news, but please when you use "quote" be sure to trim down the quotation. A full-message quote is really cumbersome, so thanks.

I always have two profiles of Riku's and Sora's game, so it's kinda hard for me to overwrite.

Save screen appears, select a slot already in use. The saved game is overwritten, not hard at all. It's an everyday practice with some players, in fact, and in ReCOM it has a toll that's a little unusual.

No downloaded crap.

Moot point then. There's a lot it going around these days, unfortunately, and few of those players think it's important enough to mention. I've been led on too many wild goose chases that turned out to be due to hack jobs. I'm sure you understand.

...double-check Card Index > Enemy Cards to see if Roxas is listed

Glad this helped, at least. Figured if I tallied up every possible reason, you'd tag one of 'em. Cheers.
---
Guides & other contributions: http://www.esque.com/slr/gamefaqs/
FFX, FFXII, KH, KH Re:CoM, KH2, Okage: Shadow King