Multiplayer question

#1hardy_83Posted 3/8/2009 9:28:21 AM
Since this game is all about going around at your own pace, exploring and having fun, how does the multiplayer work?

When, let's say two players, start playing, can they freely go wherever they want individually? Do they have to be near each other, or it is broken down to just doing races together?
Cause I would love it if people can just go wherever they want with say me going down one mountain but my buddy going down another.

Thanks
#2TriforceHero31Posted 3/8/2009 9:52:25 AM
they can explore the mountain or resort on their own w/o any hindrance. however, if one person wants to do a race or another activity by speaking to someone, they both will do it.
---
Action cat v.s. Danger dog
#3hardy_83(Topic Creator)Posted 3/8/2009 9:23:52 PM
That's actually pretty sweet! Thanks!
#4cdeathPosted 3/16/2009 4:23:33 AM

Does anyone know if you can use 2 balance boards for 2 players?

#5ricknmoePosted 3/16/2009 8:04:07 AM

I do not own a 2nd board but that would be great fun. According to Nintendo.com (http://www.nintendo.com/consumer/systems/wii/en_na/setupBalanceBoard.jsp#battery ) under "Check battery levels",

The battery indicator for the board will appear in the P4 position on the menu screen.

So a 2nd board would probably show up as P3, best guess. I don't have any friends close by with a balance board, but I would love to hear the answer to this.

#6sjames7Posted 3/16/2009 12:51:16 PM
Long answer short: In multiplayer one person can use the Balance Board for control and the other players (up to two others if using the board as the board takes up the player 4 position) will use the Wii Remote+Nunchuk only control style. Up to four people can play together all using the Wii Remote+Nunchuk control style.

Whether or not the Wii has its system set up to talk to two balance boards (I haven't seen any indication of this but technically it is possible), I don't think the game itself is programmed to connect to more than one.

I would guess that whichever board you turned on first would be recognized and the second one would be ignored. Furthermore, I would guess the same thing would happen for any current game with Balance Board support. Perhaps the Wii is already or will be capable of this with a system patch, but so far I know of no games using or planning to use more than one board.
#7snowboy2Posted 4/4/2009 6:45:38 PM
Also, if one of you is at the Jamboree Snow Resort the other CANNOT be at Mt.Angrio. but it is still fun to play with two people... as for the balance board thing, just as seen above ^ you can't play with two balance boards as far as i know but i'm pretty sure you can't.

(=:
#8snowboy2Posted 4/4/2009 6:46:39 PM
but you could try it with a friend b4 you buy another one (:
#9WilliamGamer321Posted 4/9/2009 3:01:41 PM
My friend told me about a cool feature in multiplayer called tag. I just played it today and thought it was really fun. To find it you have to be in multiplayer. Go to the bottom of Jamboree Snow Resort or Mt. Angrio and he will be there in a red dinosaur suit.
#10wiiyoshiPosted 4/10/2009 3:47:38 AM
yea playing tag is realy fun, i played it with my little sister today... i lost