I hate sonic 3 level select code >_<

#1Real_Cloud01Posted 2/13/2009 5:14:31 AM
Any tips on timing the input? I have tried countless times and its frustrating. Lol its only up up down down up up up up yet so hard.
---
When something smells, it's usually the Butz.
#2BlueSkiesPosted 2/13/2009 9:03:22 AM
Yeah, I could never do it as a kid on my Genesis. The timing has to be perfect, the only reason I would do it is to see the Sonic & Knuckles levels that didn't make it in Sonic 3, before Sonic & Knuckles came out it was interesting. That and the music select.

I wonder why Sega made it so hard. It's not like the game is challenging.
---
Lets get away, fly away, I found the path to paradise.
#3WhoisOvanPosted 2/13/2009 9:09:09 AM
well u have to do it when sonic first appears and be done by the logo... i did it once by accendent many many years ago and didn't go it to sounds and someone reset it on me... :(
---
PSN-emptyazureskies
#4DavCubePosted 2/13/2009 4:37:13 PM
OH GOOD LORD.

I remember trying to enter that so many times on SMC+.
---
"Mind if i kill you? CAN'T HEAR YOU!!" *BLAM* - Ryuutaros
#5Zack_Attackv1Posted 2/13/2009 6:10:56 PM
I think I've only been successful twice out of a thousand.

---
|M|A|R|I|A|
ŻŻŻŻŻŻŻŻMy anti-drug™
#6rotothirteenPosted 2/14/2009 2:08:02 PM
It's easier to just beat the game to pick levels from your save file than it is to enter that code.
#7Rodni_DementalPosted 2/14/2009 6:40:18 PM
Should get a trophy for being able to type it in. :P
---
XBL Gamertag: Rodni DementaI
PS3 ID: Rodni_Demental
#8huyiPosted 2/15/2009 8:30:54 AM
it's much easier to do the level select in sonic and knuckles that's why i always play that instead of just sonic 3.
---
From the UK Female Gamer
My game collection! 1538 games and growing! http://users.ign.com/collection/huyi82 My youtube--> http://www.youtube.com/user/HUYI1
#9HighOnPhazonPosted 2/15/2009 9:14:09 AM
I used to do this code all the damn time when I was a kid.

WTF people?
---
"GameFaqs message boards ; you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy, we must be cautious."
#10sparkingconduitPosted 2/15/2009 10:53:52 AM
I used to do this code all the damn time when I was a kid.

WTF people?

Just because you perfected it doesn't mean it's damn near impossible to do consistently, or even at all. This is definitely one of the hardest codes to enter in any game, ever. The DS3 just exacerbates the problem because the D-pad is so stiff and harder to enter than on the Genesis's relatively loose pad.