"Number One with a Bullet" achievement Mini-guide (Moneytalks edition)

#1speedfactorPosted 5/21/2009 10:46:46 PM
Disclamor: I dont care about score on the track pack. So I use a combination of half-singing, half-humming... just whatever gets the job done for this achievement.

Author Introduction:

Hi, Im a mediocre singer on Expert Vox in RB2. I can FC songs like Souls of Black , Forever, I Wanna Be Your Man, Everlong...pretty much basic songs. Songs like: Spoonman, Chop Suey, Carry On My Wayward Son; I do about 4 stars on... I do bad on them.

Techniques: I used Mic Sensativity.. Max - 1. I used two different pitchs for this song:
1. Normal pitch to hit the normal phrases.
2. a high whiny pitch. with Mic Sensativity Max - 1, I dont have to sing loud with the high pitch, just hum high but quietly.

Breakdown of the song and where each technique is applied: (Not 100% exact words, but about 98-99% ... )

Normal Phrases:
Yeowwww
Tailored suits, chauffered cars
Fine hotels and big cigars
Up for grabs, up for a price
Where the red hot girls keep on dancing through the night
The claim is on you, The sights are on me
So what do you do, that's guaranteed
Hey little girl, you want it all
--------
Practice this next line, because RB 1 Vox had a fairly broken talky system, you wont get much out of "the furs" talky, so you pretty much have to chase it through the full phrase to get it. If I had to describe the feeling of the line in one word: "Chase" . Luckily, the phrase is a normal pitch towards a bit on the lower end of tone. I kind of hummed this line quietly.
--------
The furs, the diamonds, the painting on the wall

Normal Phrases:
Come on, come on, love me for the money
Come on, come on, listen to the moneytalk
A French maid, foreign chef
--------
A bit tricky normal phrase since it starts down-up instead of up-down following the lines, but its easy to get after you find your pitch. Sing into the empty space to find your tone before it comes up. It make take a few tries, nothing difficult.
--------
A big house with king size bed
You've had enough, you ship them out

Normal Phrases:
The dollar's up - down, you'd better buy the pound
The claim is on you,The sights are on me
So what do you do, That's guaranteed
Hey little girl, you broke the laws
--------
Whiny higher pitch voice 1. Whiny Higher pitch pt 2 is easier to find your pitch for it. The first half of the line is normal, the you steal from us all part is high, IIRC.
--------
You hustle, you deal, you steal from us all

Normal Phrases:

--------
Whiny higher pitch pt 2.
--------
Moneytalks, yeahhhhhhhh

Normal phrases:
Money talks, B.S. walks

--------
Whiny higher pitch pt 3. I think the words money talks can be done in a normal pitch, but it can also be covered with a whiny higher pitch. If you use a normal pitch, be careful and make sure to adjust for the next part of the line.
--------
Money talks, come on, come on

Normal Phrases:
-------
Whiny Higher pitch pt 4
-------
Moneytalks, When moneytalk, talk, talk
Well hear it talk, yeah, yeahhhh
When Moneytalks

Conclusion: I thought this achievement would have been difficult and that I would never have got it. It seemed that way until I realized the whole song can be done in 2 pitch types.

Im aware this may be a very very... lame guide... I suppose I just wanted to share anything I can to anyone who still hasnt gotten this and to not give up hope.
---
Empty Sig.