Klonoa 2 has to be remade

#14evermario1Posted 6/29/2009 2:53:06 PM
For one, it's the superior of the two original games, its graphics could be enhanced (with the backgrounds being blurred like in the first remake), and for kicks I would love to see the surprisingly dark storyline conveyed with english voice actors.
#2SSWIMOPosted 6/29/2009 9:46:25 PM
As much as people hate Eric Stitt, I too would love to see him back in Klonoa 2's much more epic story.

But Hideo Yoshizawa has said that he'll only go further with Klonoa if this Wiimake sold well...which sadly isn't.

Regardless, however, according to Nintendo Power, Yoshizawa is currently working on a top-secret project that'll "be unlike anything he's ever done before." So we may not see anything Klonoa-related for a long while...unless this project IS Klonoa-related, that is.
---
~Klonoa the Cat / Super Klonoa
http://www.rushofthewind.com
#3gnawingtreebarkPosted 6/30/2009 3:20:58 AM
I don't really think it needs a remake. I beat it after playing the Wii version and thought that it held up pretty well. It might be inferior in a 'technical' sense, but I still found the game pretty and in a gameplay sense I thought it was stronger than this one.
#4AnimeSnavePosted 6/30/2009 9:26:42 AM
Differing from popular opinion, Klonoa 2 was horrible in my eyes. Fair enough, it wasn't a bad game in substance, but I just disliked the feeling far more. I didn't like Popka or Lolo. I felt it was a little too generic. Being a typical Princess/Priestess type figure who doesn't think much of themselves, and Popka who is the loudmouth trying to provide some comic relief. Like I said, the game is good, but in terms of Klonoa and the general feeling it just didn't live up to the original. It seems people who played Lunatea's Veil first prefer it.

I don't know. I wouldn't like to see it remade or even hear of it again. I'd prefer a brand new game and see where that leads. Then again, I'm kind of scared of Klonoa going through a bad route. His attitude changed totally in 2, though I can understand due to obvious aging. If he ends up trying to be bad*** with a horrible, ear-bleeding song like 'His World' then to me, he'll be pushing up daisies.

I completely digressed but that's a summary of how I feel.
#5SSWIMOPosted 6/30/2009 1:18:35 PM
Differing from popular opinion, Klonoa 2 was horrible in my eyes. Fair enough, it wasn't a bad game in substance, but I just disliked the feeling far more. I didn't like Popka or Lolo. I felt it was a little too generic. Being a typical Princess/Priestess type figure who doesn't think much of themselves, and Popka who is the loudmouth trying to provide some comic relief. Like I said, the game is good, but in terms of Klonoa and the general feeling it just didn't live up to the original. It seems people who played Lunatea's Veil first prefer it.

Well, I was one of those people who played LV first, so yeah, I prefer it over DtP, I guess.

No offense, but other than a few points and the ending, I found DtP's story to be kinda boring compared to LV's. I mean, all it is is some villain trying to awaken a giant monster for revenge, with little character development, only focusing on Klonoa and Huepow. If anything, I'd say DtP's way more generic than LV is.

Whereas in LV, Leorina was actually awesome, even for a misguided villain. And they actually explained the characters' backstories as well as their motives...

I dunno. Maybe I just like my Klonoa to be more epic in everything including gameplay. *shrug*

I don't know. I wouldn't like to see it remade or even hear of it again. I'd prefer a brand new game and see where that leads. Then again, I'm kind of scared of Klonoa going through a bad route. His attitude changed totally in 2, though I can understand due to obvious aging. If he ends up trying to be bad*** with a horrible, ear-bleeding song like 'His World' then to me, he'll be pushing up daisies.

I know it should mostly be blamed on the lack of marketing for the series, but hey, if Namco wants Klonoa to be more Sonic-like in order to make him appeal to the masses, then just let them. Even if they do, they can still keep the same gameplay that made him critically acclamed.

But at the same time, with the same marketing "efforts," it still won't work... Honestly, I think a crossover is the only way that'll get him popular. Had they included him in Smash Bros. Brawl earlier, everything would've changed dramatically by now. =/
---
~Klonoa the Cat / Super Klonoa
http://www.rushofthewind.com
#6Princess PeachiePosted 6/30/2009 3:11:00 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#7Princess PeachiePosted 6/30/2009 3:13:14 PM
I really like both sides of the argument here. : )

I think Lunatea's Veil had a more generic storyline that didn't flow as nicely as DtP (you had to go running around collecting different coloured "elements" *rolls eyes*). Also I thought the levels were much less impressive and inspired as DtP's.

However Lunatea levels had a much more fun upgrade in terms of gameplay: big bouncy jumps, constantly-changing camera angles, snowboarding, mid-level bosses and cute little action taunts! I also think the character development was very touching, and the ending still made me feel emotional (although nowhere near as much as DtP's ending.)
Also- I wasn't a fan of Lolo until the very end of the story (for which I will not reveal spoilers), but I thought she made a fantastic decision that totally stopped her from being a female-game character cliché.

Ghadius I found to be a much more terrifying enemy. When I was a kid, he would really send shivers down my spine, especially his voice. (His ominious presence has been watered down quite a bit in the remake, though.) However the fact that he was pretty much "pure evil" made him unrealistic to relate to, whereas Leorina had an actual heart. Tat was also a more loveable sidekick IMO, very cute and hilarious, whereas Joka was just plain annoying.

In general Dtp will always be my dearest favourite Klonoa game(and darest favourite of all video games); it had fantastically beautiful levels, great music, an emotional and unforgetabble storyline, and really had a style which stood out. Lunatea's Veil was a fantastic upgrade and never dissapointed the fans or in fact any player, but I felt the designs and creativity were not as unique as DtP, and had borrowed a lot of ideas from other games.

..... everyone is asleep. Was I talking so long? o.o
*sneaks out, shuts door quietly*

---
http://letsplaypeachie.blogspot.com/
-^_^- Brawl Me!: 5155-4385-4112
#8tooweakPosted 6/30/2009 11:15:53 PM
DtP's story was more effective than LV. LV's story is only generic on the surface. But dig a bit deeper and LV's story is FAR better than most people give credit. It's just that you need knowledge of DtP in addition to noticing some few subtle things.

After skimming 30+ pages, here's what I found.

MASSIVE SPOILERS in Links below for Door to Phantomile, Klonoa Wii, and ESPECIALLY Lunatea's Veil! [linked content IS NOT developed by me]

[Post #11, click the spoiler box for a good wall of text]
http://www.klonoafanclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=475&start=15

And [Multiple Posts throughout] on the following topic:
http://www.klonoafanclub.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=354&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

WARNING: Three of the relevant posts have brief segments of flaming. While the existence of flames is unfortunate, they didn't spread and discovering the information in the topic will make your replay of LV much more impressive from a story standpoint.

tl;dr version below WITH SPOILERS

WITH SPOILERS: Everything in LV, from the "elements," KoS, revisited levels, that distorted music in the final normal stage, Klonoa's less excited demeanor, and more is symobolic of the internal strife of Klonoa between locking away his emotions and accepting them in the aftermath of the events of DtP (and the Wiimake).

end tl;dr version [WITH SPOILERS]
---
You want game suggestions. I don't want to look stupid. So please, do us both a favor. Alphabetize your "games I own" list.
#9KrowlinMANPosted 7/10/2009 6:40:05 AM
as bad as it may sound Klonoa DtP was the first game i ever played that made me cry like a girl.
that ending is something i will never forget.
I haven't played the remake on the Wii but i hope they didn't mess with the ending at all

now to get on topic with a remake of part 2. i think it would be awesome, i loved the darker story and some of the new gameplay tweeks they added, while still keeping the simple two button format. and they wouldn't even need to change the graphics hardly at all

as for a Klonoa 3... i think it would be cool if it was for the PS3 simply because im kinda anal and since Klonoa 1, was for the PS1. the sequel was for the PS2, it makes a lttle bit of sence... at least to me.
#10tooweakPosted 7/10/2009 7:51:43 AM
as bad as it may sound Klonoa DtP was the first game i ever played that made me cry like a girl.

The fact you are insecure enough to feel [that anyone that actually played DtP could feel] that could be a bad thing is far more telling than the actual crying itself.

At least you aren't me. I've cried at the following games:

POSSIBLE SPOILERS? Game names and disc #'s.

Secret of Mana (I was young, OK?)
FF7 Disc 1
FF8 Disc 4 (Due entirely to the music and the fact I didn't have to play it anymore. Not over the story at all)
Guardian's Crusade (LOL. It was entirely due to me MISreading certain text)
FFX
Klonoa Door to Phantomile
FF9 Disc 2
Xenosaga 3 Disc 2
Rhapsody A Musical Adventure (LOL. From the soundtrack CD, never cried during the game itself)
Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Exploers of Time/Darkness.
---
There are ways to not be payed attention to. Trolling isn't one. But hypocritically claiming FF11 and FF14 don't count while OoT, GTA3+, and FF7/8/10-2 do, is.