I noticed something.

#1seadospPosted 9/7/2009 4:43:53 PM
I've seen alot of Klonoa x Tails from sonic.
Why is this?
---
Screw the rules I have a Riolu fetish!
#2SSWIMOPosted 9/8/2009 11:07:54 AM
Hm, people may disagree with me on this, and I might be starting another unwanted war over the whole Sonic and Klonoa thing...but eh, arguments happen. =/

This is why, as stated on my site's editorial on Sonic and Klonoa:

-Klonoa's long floppy ears is often compared to Tails' two large tails, making them both freaks of nature...in a good way, that is. =P

Besides Sonic, it's also entirely possible that they were looking at Tails for inspiration. Both Klonoa and Tails have the same white pointy face fluffs, and both have genetic abnormalities (long ears and two tails).

It's like Klonoa is a combo of Sonic and Tails. You have the wind abilities (without the speed) of Sonic, but with the appearance of Tails as well, all in a long-eared cat (or whatever you think he is).

Well, this is the very reason why the Japanese are so crazy about Klonoa x Tails yaoi stuff, because they both look like each other... On a non-yaoi note, though, I used to compare him to Tails myself until I later realized that Klonoa fits more with Sonic.

Oh, and if anyone does feel like disagreeing with me, please read my comments on the Klonoa IGN blog first. kthx.
---
~Super Klonoa
http://www.rushofthewind.com / http://sonicstarh.deviantart.com
#3OloneZPosted 9/8/2009 4:20:50 PM
^ Argument's are for the sake of debating and changing a person's opinion. I'm fairly sure that you know changing somebody's stance over this "controversial issue" is nearly impossible. Something as sensitive as this topic (as learned from previous experience) is best kept closed until conclusive evidence is provided. I myself, take a strong stance against such parings in fear that Klonoa may become a sonic rip-off or even worse, a zombie. (meaning that the series purpose is to only provide support or complete dedication to a more popular series). Oh well, since he invited me, i guess i can enter another debate. *sigh* here we go again.

I don't know why your so sure about a "Super Klonoa" appearance in a game. I ask you, when was the last time a fan character was designed in a game without a contest of sorts? And also, think about your credibility. You think producer/director Yoshizawa will listen to a random American Sonic fan for character ideas? no. He has people to do that. They are called designers, artists, and Yoshizawa himself. We all know that he has proven to be very creative with his characters, right? (except maybe Garlen. it's pretty obvious who that was taken from). So why would he need help? How are you so sure he likes it? How are you so sure that he looked up to sonic for inspiration? How are you so sure that a crossover will be made? Unless you have the smoking gun, you cant possibly claim such accusations. And to be honest, your design similarity claims are flimsy at best. And your reasoning behind it is incredibly biased. And it's quite predictable that you would be the first to enter such topics, since all you seem to care about Klonoa is the alleged design similarities to Sonic. You don't give a damn about anything else ,do you? I've looked on your favorites on DA and all i see is Sonic+Klonoa. Not once have you favorite a Klonoa only picture, even if it's really good. Since you revealed your DA to Yoshizawa, say he decides to have a look. First off, you name on DA says "I am a total sonic fanboy". Immediate let down. He looks at your fics and reads that you like klonoa naked with a suck up attitude to sonic. That would lead him to infer what I've been saying, you don't care about klonoa other then the design. Then he sees your favorites just for the hell of it. What will he think? If i was a producer and i saw my character getting treated in such a way, I'd be pretty pissed. It also seems that by your dialogue, you challenge anyone who might view Klonoa the real way and not some rip off. I know that you will reply just to best me at this endless debate, but i have said everything that must be said. And I've grown tired of the repetitive motion of this debate. I'm done. Hope your fantasy's don't come true because sitting here complaining won't change anything.
#4SSWIMOPosted 9/8/2009 9:31:41 PM
A huge wall of text...or two. Why can't people type in easy-to-read paragraphs? Meh...

Ahem...

Oh well, since he invited me, i guess i can enter another debate. *sigh* here we go again

Since when did the phrase "does feel like" equal "I'm inviting you all to...."? It doesn't. Rather, I meant that it was optional to disagree with me...

But ...since I know you on YouTube and you being just as vocal about the whole "Klonoa =//= Sonic" thing, I suppose that doesn't matter. =/

I don't know why your so sure about a "Super Klonoa" appearance in a game. I ask you, when was the last time a fan character was designed in a game without a contest of sorts? And also, think about your credibility. You think producer/director Yoshizawa will listen to a random American Sonic fan for character ideas? no. He has people to do that. They are called designers, artists, and Yoshizawa himself. We all know that he has proven to be very creative with his characters, right? (except maybe Garlen. it's pretty obvious who that was taken from). So why would he need help? How are you so sure he likes it? How are you so sure that he looked up to sonic for inspiration? How are you so sure that a crossover will be made? Unless you have the smoking gun, you cant possibly claim such accusations.

1. Because of the similarities to Sonic (which are also apparent in the Wiimake in case you need reminding. Especially his English voice.), I honestly think they will most likely do an actual Super form for Klonoa. In fact, they might've planned to do that in Klonoa 2, what with the colored powerful objects thing they implemented into the story. They might've not. It's anyone's guess.

However, in the potential event that I'm wrong and they give him a not-so-Super-Sonic-like form, just as I've said to other people, I'm not gonna be all sad about it.... Most likely, I will like whatever non-golden yellow form Namco gives him...as long as its not something lame like the "Super Klonoa" seen in Klonoa Beach Volley (well, I used to think it was cool, but later realized Klonoa having goggles and different gloves wasn't really appealing to me), and that alone was obviously a joke/parody.

And btw, I don't know why you guys keep calling it a "fan character." It's a transformation, not a separate entity. And some of you act like if its supposed to be exclusive to DBZ or something... Well, Sonic just happened to break that exclusivity, treating it as a homage to DBZ. Yet he got away with it and STILL managed to appeal to the masses on his own with it.

Namco and Klonoa can do the same as well.

2. ...since when do fan forms become official? Heh, why...I have a most recent example of that.

DB Raging Blast. SSJ3 Broly... Something that has only been in fanart and fanfics up until then. And...what's kinda ironic is that Namco Bandai's now publishing the DBZ gaming franchise worldwide...

Yeah, some of you will say "Just because of that doesn't mean..." But really, you never know.
#5SSWIMOPosted 9/8/2009 9:34:01 PM
3. ...you know, I would not be preaching about a Sonic/Klonoa crossover...if Klonoa wasn't so goddamn underrated. Obscure. Unpopular. If he wasn't, then I would be keeping my mouth shut. I was hoping the Wiimake would do just that: pull him out of his underrated status, and I can tell they wanted to as well, going as far as giving him an English voice actor and tweaking the game to make it appeal to everyone... But the Wiimake still bombed in sales despite the changes, mainly due to the lack of marketing and advertising...something I believe that their American and European subsidiaries keep neglecting to do, in favor of their more popular franchises.

So as I've said on the blog, if they continue to neglect him, then honestly, I believe that a crossover is the only way to get Klonoa popular, and I'm fine if he gets to crossover with somebody else other than Sonic. Its just that he fits the best with Sonic.

As for whether he'll listen to me or not, again, you never know... Honestly...I think he IS looking for fan feedback and ideas... Maybe he knew that Klonoa Wii was going to bomb in the end. 'Cause otherwise, he wouldn't have done that character redesign survey (which looks MORE like a Sonic character than the original design does), nor would he be saying that his final blog entry would be devoted to the fans... Hm.

However, something's amiss here... It's been a few months since his last blog entry, and still he hasn't yet posted the fan-devoted entry... True, maybe everyone's comments, including mine, might've scared him off, but I really doubt that... No, I believe that his top-secret project must be keeping him busy.

Eh, besides...this may be unexpected of me to say this, but...due to my comments alone, not only is the potential there that Namco might put more Sonic-like stuff into Klonoa, but there's also the chance that they could REMOVE all the seemingly Sonic-inspired stuff from him as well, just to make him more original. Change the Wind Ring into something else, change Klonoa's character design to something NOT looking like a Sonic character, etc etc. Hell, as a worst case scenario, they may even kill Klonoa off forever.

So, yes, I do realize the negative consequences of my actions (killing off/removing from him), but to me, it was worth it... If they do take the negative routes, then, well, so be it. I'll simply move on to something else.

And to those that don't like Sonic but like Klonoa's current character design, well, it's something you may want to think about, really.

4. Creative? Hardly... They wouldn't be allowing Klonoa to look like a Sonic character if they were trying to be creative, in Moonlight Museum and up. Perhaps in the original DtP, yes...

But even then, even though it reeks nothing of Sonic unlike now (other than the Ring), the original DtP still isn't creative because it still reeked of a SEGA franchise: NiGHTS. As a friend said to me once, the whole dreams thing, Ghadius looking like Wizeman, and the enemies looking like the Nightmarens... Yeah. And since DtP came after NiGHTS, it wouldn't surprise me if they WERE looking at NiGHTS.
#6SSWIMOPosted 9/8/2009 9:37:16 PM
5. Questions, questions, questions.. Frankly, I could ask you the same thing. How could YOU be so sure that he DOESN'T like Sonic? And so on and so forth.

I believe so because I believe so...just as you believe so in the opposite. However, obviously, neither of us are right until the producer spills the final word, as I've said on the blog.

But the reasons I listed above about Tails and Klonoa are indeed legit...and before anyone denies it, yes, its true that there's hundreds of Sonic fans who are attracted to Klonoa just because of his Sonic-likeness. Such is the power of similarity.

*reads the rest of your post*

...erm, do you honestly think Yoshizawa would react that way? O_o; 'Cause it sounds like something a classic elitist would react to... Still... *points to the negative consequences blurb above*

I know that you will reply just to best me at this endless debate, but i have said everything that must be said. And I've grown tired of the repetitive motion of this debate. I'm done. Hope your fantasy's don't come true because sitting here complaining won't change anything

Is IGNORING me so hard to do? I mean, the TC asked a simple question, and yet you jump on me for answering it?

You should've taken to heart my last few words to InitialD's blog post, honestly. =/
---
~Super Klonoa
http://www.rushofthewind.com / http://sonicstarh.deviantart.com
#7seadosp(Topic Creator)Posted 9/9/2009 5:15:28 PM
The topic was about klonoa x tails being very common even though they are from differant games seem to be Furry arists favorite pairing (for klonoa) 1st I must say that it is very strange (Like pairing cloud from final fantasy with the pokemon trainer from colloseum) The fact that the pairing exist as previously said is the 2 tails and the 2 ears. I'd post pics but id get banned.

But the fact that this is a common pairing is weird.
1 is bandai and 1 is sega. A real crossover will be hard to find I might add (inb4MegamanBoktaiCrossover)

Now I might ask you a question. Would YOU consider tails and klonoa a good match?
I want to ask this question to non-fur***s.
---
Screw the rules I have a Riolu fetish!
#8OloneZPosted 9/9/2009 7:06:15 PM
As I said before, i'm done talking to you about this. It's just going to be a repetitive argument. But,

"Is IGNORING me so hard to do? I mean, the TC asked a simple question, and yet you jump on me for answering it?

You should've taken to heart my last few words to InitialD's blog post, honestly. =/"

Yes. It is very hard to do so.

"Hm, people may disagree with me on this, and I might be starting another unwanted war over the whole Sonic and Klonoa thing...but eh, arguments happen. =/"

First off, you're calling out everyone who has an opinion against you. That is what I meant by "inviting me". You said it your self that you didn't mind another "war". When you respond to these discussions you always try to challenge the opposing side, which does in fact tempt people to go all at you. Then you offer the opportunity for a rebuttal. It's almost like you're trying to start another argument.

"Oh, and if anyone does feel like disagreeing with me, please read my comments on the Klonoa IGN blog first. kthx."

Even if they look, they still want to counter you. Anyways, I'm done discussing this subject until Yoshizawa intervenes. If Klonoa does happen to be discontinued, then there shouldn't be any fights after that.

I'm not the one to hold grudges. So I wont bug you about this anymore. (I also forgave that remark you made to me on Youtube)

To answer your question,seadosp, no. I do not find them a good couple. Nor do i find what fur**** draw pleasant. (It's flat out disgusting)