Item duplication glitch (also works for infinite souls)

#1FierceRegaliaPosted 10/23/2011 10:32:55 AM
As you may know, the NA version of this game had already patched most of the glitches on the disc, but the item dup glitch was never patched. This works on any NA version of the game, 1st day launch or greatest hits.

It works the 100% of the time. If it doesnt work for you, then you are doing something WRONG. Read the steps carefully and try again.

1. Have any amount of souls.
2. Have a Shard of Archstone or Nexial Binding equipped to your hotkey menu. You can also use the Evacuate miracle, which works best.
2. Talk to Boldwin and select "buy items". Press X on Crescent Moon grass so the "how many do you want to buy" window pops up.
3. Walk away from him. When he is finished talking, press square to use your Binding/SoA or L1/R1 to use Evacuate.
4. When the "Return to the Nexus" message shows up, press Start to make it disappear.
5. Talk to Thomas, and deposit what you want to duplicate.
6. Mash circle quickly after depositing the item to cancel the evacuation animation.
7. Take the desired cloned item. It will appear as if you have 1020+ of them. If you withdraw,you will have 99 of that item on your inventory, as well as 99 on the stockpile.

You can dup ephemeral eyes, any demon souls, old spices, dark moon grasses, etc.
---
Do you like videogame music?
If you do, check out and suscribe my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DailyVGM
#2JonvandammPosted 10/23/2011 12:19:45 PM
You're a little bit late, by like quite a few months, but it's ok. :D
---
Dark Souls-If you ain't duping, you ain't winning!!!! And I'm in it to win it!
#3FierceRegalia(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2011 11:15:35 AM
Jonvandamm posted...
You're a little bit late, by like quite a few months, but it's ok. :D

I know this is old. Im just reposting it for the new players / people who forgot the steps.
---
If you do, check out and suscribe my channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/DailyVGM
#4TreaclyWheatPosted 10/25/2011 11:35:43 AM
Thank you for posting this. I'm new to this game, and wouldn't have known about it otherwise.
#5chrono01Posted 10/25/2011 1:28:20 PM
I might be alone in this, but I hate to use duplication tricks like this in my games. If I need to complete a game 3-4+ times to get a Platinum, so be it. To use a trick like this would remove any and all satisfaction I would get from getting a Platinum.

But hey, to each his own. It's a great tip for those who have no adverse feeling to using such a method. ^_^
---
"That was quite a move. I'll admit you've got potential. If challenge had a taste, you'd be quite delicious." - Travis Touchdown (No More Heroes)
#6JonvandammPosted 10/25/2011 5:44:22 PM
chrono01 posted...
I might be alone in this, but I hate to use duplication tricks like this in my games. If I need to complete a game 3-4+ times to get a Platinum, so be it. To use a trick like this would remove any and all satisfaction I would get from getting a Platinum.

But hey, to each his own. It's a great tip for those who have no adverse feeling to using such a method. ^_^

Its mostly used for getting to a sl 120 pvp build as soon as possible. After putting over 2000 hours into DS, and 10 different accounts across 3 versions of the game, I didn't wanna farm for anything anymore.

Also, these steps can be found by searching for the "Duping with Thomas" topic, if it's still around on the board.
---
Dark Souls-If you ain't duping, you ain't winning!!!! And I'm in it to win it!
#7FierceRegalia(Topic Creator)Posted 10/25/2011 6:07:14 PM
Jonvandamm posted...

Also, these steps can be found by searching for the "Duping with Thomas" topic, if it's still around on the board.

Surely new players will find the glitch with those tags.
---
#8kotorkid95Posted 10/26/2011 9:30:05 PM
This killed pvp. But, it helps so much in making new characters, trying to get that perfect build. For broken pvp. Hmmm....