What's the best place to farm Faintstone?

#1gunofdisPosted 5/19/2009 9:03:23 PM
I'm trying to make a blessed halberd +5, but don't really know how to go about getting the required faintstone. I'm making a regen/tank gimmick temple knight for my second playthrough
#2vegafooPosted 5/19/2009 9:06:33 PM
From the wiki- http://demonssouls.wikidot.com/upgrade

Splinter of Faintstone
5-2 Goblin Shaman
5-2 Vendor (10,000s)
5-2 Dead body in building

Chunk of Faintstone
5-2 Goblin Shaman
5-2 Black Phantom with Meat Cleaver (3)
5-2 C. Geckos
5-3 C. Geckos
5-2 Dead body in building

Pure Faintstone
5-2/3 C. Geckos
5-2 Goblin Shaman (rare)
Talk to Urbain's female follower in the Nexus (requires 20 Faith, must do it before rescuing Urbain [Note: received pure faintstone from follower after Urbain's rescue - can someone else please confirm][Confirmed, I also received a pure faintstone from the follower after Urbain's rescue.])
---
PSN: vegafoo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YlP_UK6LEFc
#3gunofdis(Topic Creator)Posted 5/19/2009 9:16:41 PM
That just tells me what level I can farm on, not what parts of the level are worth bothering with.
#4DuneManPosted 5/19/2009 9:23:06 PM
Okay, I'll be nice and ignore your incendiary comments. Just go to the Dirty Colossus Archstone and backtrack to the wooden deck area. There are multiple Shamans here. Take them down then Evacuate and repeat.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
SRPG fan? Support Valkyria Chronicles or see an innovative gem get lost forever.
#5DuneManPosted 5/19/2009 9:27:53 PM
Eh, perhaps the comment isn't necessarily that bad. Chalk it up to me being a bit defensive due to the way posters act on other game boards. XD
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
SRPG fan? Support Valkyria Chronicles or see an innovative gem get lost forever.
#6VolumePosted 5/20/2009 1:16:41 AM
the wiki only mentioned what items may be dropped by those enemies (i entered most of the entries).

items dropped by enemies is random. luck may improves the drop rate but not necessary the quality.

here's my experience with the luck attributes.

with Luck 99, all enemies also always drop something when kill (in all world tendency).
items dropped ranged from splinter, chunk, etc, however pure are extremely rare.
killing gecko almost always guaranteed chunk or pure.

with Luck 8. you can kill many enemies but only about 30% drop items. (in neutral world tendency and above)
in pure black world tendency, almost all enemies drop something.
items dropped are usually splinters. chunk are rare. pure are common (for some unknown reason).
i got Pure Cloudstone from the Flying Mantra Rays! (you don't get this even at Luck 99).

note: so in a nutshell, stick with Luck 8. farming in pure black world tendency. equip a large sword of searching if necessary.

---
PSN: Cold_Drake