Best Class to start with?

#1MemoryitisPosted 9/1/2009 10:03:58 PM

I have read a lot of reviews about this game and want to know your thoughts of which class to start. I heard knight is a very good class but endgame armour doesnt really matter anymore.

Any thoughts on the magic classes

#2SudouKyouichiPosted 9/1/2009 10:37:42 PM
knight has overall pretty good stats to start off with.

if you want the game more easy to start off with id say pick the Royal class since it has an offensive magic spell by default
---
psn: Aizen_Ichimaru
Don't use such lame words...it makes you look weak. - Aizen Sosuke
#3johanleePosted 9/1/2009 11:05:31 PM
go with Royal, if you're a rookie, like myself :)

---
PSN id: joh4nlee
#4runyonavePosted 9/2/2009 12:35:21 AM
Wanderer is the best.

---
PSN: runyonave753
#5DuneManPosted 9/2/2009 12:59:25 AM
Royal is the best class to start with. Not only does it have the best workhorse spell by default with Soul Arrow, with magic being very strong to start with, but you also get the Fragrant Ring for MP-regen. No other class gets anything close to that. You'll also have +20% maximum MP thanks to the Silver Circlet(and another +20% when the Silver Catalyst is held). They also start at Soul Level 1. While that means they are somewhat fragile at close range, it also means that it is dirt cheap to begin molding whatever build you want out of them after you beat the Phalanx and talk to the Maiden in Black(after the Monumental). You can also find free armor in a lot of stages, including Fluted in 3-1 if you want something substantial for your initial run through the game. Armor will lose most of its non-PVP potency in New Game+ and beyond.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
SRPG fan? Support Valkyria Chronicles or see an innovative gem get lost forever.
#6annonymous2k6Posted 9/2/2009 6:07:08 AM
i went knight first time around @_@. but it turned out great. im teaching him the miracles and magic now. ^_^
---
My mother taught me LOGIC -" Como que porque? porque SI cabron!!!"
#7MercadorHGPosted 9/2/2009 8:49:15 AM
I got a knight and a royal so far

Maybe I'll try a templar

---
HardGamers.com
#8DuneManPosted 9/2/2009 8:51:25 AM
Knight seems fairly common as a choice. Heck, my second character was a knight. ^_^
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
SRPG fan? Support Valkyria Chronicles or see an innovative gem get lost forever.
#9Karas_893Posted 9/2/2009 9:04:04 AM

Personally, I used the Royal cl@ss and followed vol's guide very carefully. After awhile, you can mold it into whatever you want it to be since it starts with Soul level 1. Just try to stay far away from enemies to use Royal effectively.

My 2nd character I used the Hunter ****(see the pattern here?) I quickly molded her into a magic/meelee user. I'm only at soul level 44 with her, and I already have the Parying Dagger+3, Epee Rapier, Gold Mask, and Rogues Clothes. Not to mention, I just got the Insanity Catalyst. I kicked a guy's @ss in old monks room. He kept trying to hit me with the Rage of God, I just waited, and lit his @ss on fire with my Rapier.

Choose whatever cl@ss you want man, It's a great game.

-----------EDIT------------

Why the hell is "C.L.A.S.S." a banned word?

#10SudouKyouichiPosted 9/2/2009 9:04:41 AM
i think why many ppl start off as a knight is because it has overall balanced stats, good set of armor to start off with and not to mention you get some decent/good weapons as default.

atleast thats what i think.
---
psn: Aizen_Ichimaru
Don't use such lame words...it makes you look weak. - Aizen Sosuke