Starting tips for new players, including items you'll want to get early on:

#11RandyNotaLocaPosted 10/8/2009 8:51:39 AMmessage detail
I have a question. If I pick up the Royal, can I change it later to Wanderer? Or it get stuck on that class?
---
Current Games Playing: CoD 4, and FFTA2 Waiting for: Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, and MW 2
PSN- cangriman87
#12WoleginPosted 10/8/2009 8:56:36 AMmessage detail
Royal start at lvl1 while wanderer start at lvl 9? so just modife the stats to match it.

so can I say a character should have at least 30 vit 22 str? (is dex more useful if i stick with 1 hand light sword?)
---
Demanding Valkyrie Profile 3!!! Another game with KOS-MOS!!!!.......................Hrist :3 KOS-MOS :3
Currently playing: SRWZ, Demon's Souls, Chaos Legion
#13Tristessa2Posted 10/8/2009 8:59:00 AMmessage detail
bump.

you an't change class, but you can upgrade stats as you see fit.
or you can create a new character.
there is no job change function.

---
~// Umbasa \\~ psn id: captncaveman
Micro$oft ~ ruining video games everywhere for everyone.
#14RevoltingchefPosted 10/8/2009 9:00:50 AMmessage detail
tag
---
I want kick ass fighting games with action missiles!
Xbox GT - JrLH02
#15pixie_sticksPosted 10/8/2009 9:01:59 AMmessage detail
It's not a possibility, it's a PROBABILITY, lol. It happened to me. I got greedy and tried to grab too much in one go. One hit, dead.

Didja score the ring before you went down? I guess that's the bigger question.
---
i dunno - just my inner goth dying to .... well, die i guess - PieThagora
PSN: KingBoah - MGO: sevenjaguar
#16RandyNotaLocaPosted 10/8/2009 9:02:34 AMmessage detail
So If I want to be a wanderer I have to do what? Wait until lvl 9?
---
Current Games Playing: CoD 4, and FFTA2 Waiting for: Demon's Souls, Uncharted 2, and MW 2
PSN- cangriman87
#17poppen695Posted 10/8/2009 9:05:56 AMmessage detail

Wolegin posted...
Royal start at lvl1 while wanderer start at lvl 9? so just modife the stats to match it.

so can I say a character should have at least 30 vit 22 str? (is dex more useful if i stick with 1 hand light sword?)
---
Demanding Valkyrie Profile 3!!! Another game with KOS-MOS!!!!.......................Hrist :3 KOS-MOS :3

Vitality depends on what type of endgame build you want. if you want to go Morion blade/Clever Rats ring, you want vitality to stay low...many people put no points in it at all. The power of this build is that you get 60% bonus damage when you hp falls below 30%..so you kill everything very fast..but you can be one-shotted easily too.

#18WoleginPosted 10/8/2009 9:08:35 AMmessage detail
so does that also mean as long i have enough str to use that large shield (fire resistence one) is enough? i only plan on using curve swords or long sword type no large or 2nder
---
#19DuneMan(Topic Creator)Posted 10/8/2009 9:13:10 AMmessage detail
The Red Hot Demon Soul from the Flamelurker has just the one purpose, i.e. letting Ed produce unique weapons forged from other Demon Souls. Alternatively, you can consume the thing for 18,000 souls. Normally you wouldn't, but some souls only have one use, and you have no choice but to consume any duplicates after that.

That Blue-Green Dragon will try to smack you with its tail. If you've killed the Red Dragon in 1-2, you can bait hit attacks by slowly approaching from the left until he smacks the wall in front of you. Then dash in and grab the item. Or, if you get White Tendency in Boletaria, both dragons will disappear from that area.

You cannot change your class, but classes are just starting packages(stats and equipment). After you beat 1-1 you can grab any equipment, change your stats anyway you see fit, etc.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
SRPG fan? Support Valkyria Chronicles or see an innovative gem get lost forever.
#20eludingdeathPosted 10/8/2009 9:14:10 AMmessage detail
Dear DuneMan,

You are da bomb. Thank you very much. :)

Your pal,
eludingdeath