Gloom Armor

• Topic Archived

You have been randomly selected to participate in the Beta Test of our new message list page. We've rolled out this test in order to get additional feedback and error reports from a wider subset of users. We'll only display this notice once, but permanent links to disable the Beta, provide feedback, and get more information will be located at the bottom of each message list.

To disable this test for now, click here. For more information, please read our announcement about this redesign.

6 years ago#1

How good is it? Does it rate up there with the bushwood armor?

6 years ago#2
Defense-wise, no. It's better for defense against status problems and is lighter.
6 years ago#3
It is equivalent to Fluted Armor in every way save for the added boosts against bleeding, poison, and plague.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
SRPG fan? Support Valkyria Chronicles or see an innovative gem get lost forever.
6 years ago#4
In my opinion it's great because it grants you decent defense for physicals, and status ailments. Plus it's lighter so you can dodge roll and be mobile in combat, I personally don't like heavy armor because you move really slow.
6 years ago#5
Well, the chest piece is better, because it's identical but with higher status resistance... which bothers me, because now my only excuse for not using it is that I like the way fluted armor looks more.

The other pieces all have less defense than the equivalent fluted pieces, however.
6 years ago#6
Okay, you got me, it offers 3 less base defense if you use the whole set(3.6 less slash protection). XD

Being able to avoid those damage types is probably worth more than the 3 points of defense, especially in the Valley where you want to be able to walk through the Poison Swamp or Plague Swamp for a few seconds without succumbing to the associated ailments.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
SRPG fan? Support Valkyria Chronicles or see an innovative gem get lost forever.
6 years ago#7
Oh yeah, it's pretty much completely worth wearing over the fluted armor. The defense difference is negligible.

But it's evil looking, and doesn't match my white tendency...

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Message List Beta Test is now on. To disable the Beta, just click here, or you can read more about it, report an error, or provide general feedback.
  • Topic Archived