Gloom Armor

#1caseystrykerPosted 10/25/2009 11:15:10 PM

How good is it? Does it rate up there with the bushwood armor?

#2zilarothPosted 10/25/2009 11:16:01 PM
Defense-wise, no. It's better for defense against status problems and is lighter.
#3DuneManPosted 10/25/2009 11:23:18 PM
It is equivalent to Fluted Armor in every way save for the added boosts against bleeding, poison, and plague.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
SRPG fan? Support Valkyria Chronicles or see an innovative gem get lost forever.
#4miikoePosted 10/25/2009 11:27:40 PM
In my opinion it's great because it grants you decent defense for physicals, and status ailments. Plus it's lighter so you can dodge roll and be mobile in combat, I personally don't like heavy armor because you move really slow.
#5SirRegulusPosted 10/25/2009 11:31:07 PM
Well, the chest piece is better, because it's identical but with higher status resistance... which bothers me, because now my only excuse for not using it is that I like the way fluted armor looks more.

The other pieces all have less defense than the equivalent fluted pieces, however.
#6DuneManPosted 10/25/2009 11:45:24 PM
Okay, you got me, it offers 3 less base defense if you use the whole set(3.6 less slash protection). XD

Being able to avoid those damage types is probably worth more than the 3 points of defense, especially in the Valley where you want to be able to walk through the Poison Swamp or Plague Swamp for a few seconds without succumbing to the associated ailments.
---
"I'd rather betray the world than let the world betray me." -Cao Cao
SRPG fan? Support Valkyria Chronicles or see an innovative gem get lost forever.
#7SirRegulusPosted 10/26/2009 12:45:30 AM
Oh yeah, it's pretty much completely worth wearing over the fluted armor. The defense difference is negligible.

But it's evil looking, and doesn't match my white tendency...