Types of build

#1KeyeszxPosted 10/26/2009 5:59:40 PM
I never usually did build types because I never focused online or competition or specialty. But I decided to try and make two other characters that focus on some special way of playing. I was thinking Paladin and Tank.

I'm sure tank is easy since I just make my health super high so it's hard to kill and get some defense and high stamina. But for the Paladin I'm wondering exactly what could make a paladin in this game? What would be the best starting class. The best spells. The best equipment. What stats does a paladin rely on? I've seen paladins in WoW but they seemed like a mix of melee and buff magic. So I'm wondering would focusing on strength and magic be the best idea with the spells being something to help buff or debuff(is the only debuff Antimagic?)
---
PSN/Gamertag:Keyeszx
Currently Playing:Demon's Souls, Oblivion, Disgaea 2
#2Keyeszx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/26/2009 6:01:12 PM
Also what gender should I use? Does gender matter besides armor? I already made a male and want to see the female only armor so which should I use female for?
---
#3loser4everPosted 10/26/2009 6:12:25 PM
Is it even possible to tank in this game? What would a tank do? Take 4 hits instead of 1?
---
fried potato
#4NaguefPosted 10/26/2009 6:19:04 PM
Go with High Dexterity/Str, Endurance, and Magic/Faith. Get spells like Warding (Iron Demon's Soul), Light Weapon (Silver Demon's Soul), and idk maybe cloaking and then get the miracles Evacuate, Heal (Wriggling Demon's Soul.. i think) and God's Wrath. That would be total p00narge. Srs.
---
PSN: Naguef
MGO: Naguef, The_Solitaire, TommytheRabbit
#5weirdaccountPosted 10/26/2009 6:23:13 PM

For a tank build, you could do an all out vitality/endurance to ensure that you have over-the-top equip burden to allow you to roll freely with a heavy shield, such as a tower shield +5and full brushwood, however in the early stages you might need the ring of great strength to roll freely. Anyhow, the ring of the accursed is a must, and for the 2nd slot you could go with either dull rat's ring or the ring of great strength. As for a "paladin",I feel they are being represented by the temple knights. My main character is what appears to be a "temple tank", as he carries heavy equipment, including tower shield +5, and anti-magic field, rending casters useless. I have to tell you, its priceless when firestorm/rage of god users roll behind you to cast their overpowered spell, to find that it not working ^_^

#6Keyeszx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2009 6:44:46 AM
Are super mages any good? Say have enough strength to wield any weapon and the rest goes towards magic and faith. Also is Dex worth it if you want the fall damage reduction? I've noticed when I needed to fall somewhere it usually doesn't hurt that much anyways. Does it make the damage almost unnoticeable?
---
#7pixie_sticksPosted 10/28/2009 6:51:30 AM
Go with High Dexterity/Str, Endurance, and Magic/Faith. Get spells like Warding (Iron Demon's Soul), Light Weapon (Silver Demon's Soul), and idk maybe cloaking and then get the miracles Evacuate, Heal (Wriggling Demon's Soul.. i think) and God's Wrath. That would be total p00narge. Srs.

For your tank you want to buy up stats to use all the basics for gear (bows, wands, talismans, decent weapons and shields) and then focus heavily on END so you can be mobile while equipping heavy armor and VIT so you can soak hits on top of that.

Rely on weapons with high base damage (Dozer Axe) or bonuses that deal damage unrelated to your stats (Dragon, Fatal, etc.)
Cast buff spells (especially protective) and banish in PvP instead of relying on spell damage.

If you add INT and FAI to that build, it becomes a Paladin. You can use more spells, FAI-related weaponry like Moonlight / Istrelle / Blessed, and cast God's Wrath to kill invaders instead of just booting them.
---
i dunno - just my inner goth dying to .... well, die i guess - PieThagora
PSN: KingBoah - MGO: sevenjaguar
#8Keyeszx(Topic Creator)Posted 10/28/2009 5:16:57 PM
What class should I start with? I'm thinking for tank a Barbarian might be good since it's stats are high to start with in what I need. I'm not sure about paladin though.
---
#9NWalterstorfPosted 10/29/2009 8:15:49 AM
Temple Knight. Starts with the heaviest armor, plus some magic resistance, and they're great to build into tanks (or the closest this game can get to). Also, your starting weapon is meant to be held with two hands. Just something to keep in mind when you start your temple knight out.
---
Meta troll cannot be trolled.