NOOB QUESTION: Royalty Character Build

#1pandastewPosted 11/7/2009 2:05:07 PM

I am royalty class, Vit 12,Intelligence 14, Endur 11, Str 22, Dex 30, Luck 7, everything else base is this good build I am doing?

I am using Purple Flame Shield +3 (Don't understand why everyone uses this) & Winged Spear +5 good weapon to use?

What stats should I up next? I like to play both magic and melee not much arrows. O and I still have my old equipments...should I upgrade to something else? where should I go to find the armor or should I buy them?

#2Deatheven13Posted 11/7/2009 2:11:20 PM
If your magic is fairly high you should upgrade your spear to a moon weapon.

PFS is used because there's not a lot else that can absorb fire damage ... things like firestorm and fireball will still get through but it works nicely for flaming weapons / toss / and firespray.

---
I wish pokemons were real sos I could set you on fire >: [
#3bolton23Posted 11/7/2009 2:11:31 PM
For someone who has no idea what he's doing, you're doing a pretty good job, I'd say. If you want to be more adventurous, I suggest getting some curved Asian swords (personally, I don't like spear-users, too easy to kill).

The reason why Purple Flame Shield is good is because it usually bounces back the other person's blade, has 100% physical damage reduction, and it's good for stages like 2-2 as there are fire traps that can really hurt someone if they aren't wary.

Oh, and you should make sure you can roll. Look to equipping a Ring of Great Strength if that Purple Flame Shield is hindering your movements. If you can't roll fast, then I suggest you look to really investing in your Endurance stats.
#4pandastew(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2009 2:16:04 PM

my Magic stat is at basic royal 13-14...is it too late to do Mage build or should I change into something else? wat stat to up next? and wher to get asian curved sword? with winged spear iwas hopping to upgrade to scraping spear

#5bolton23Posted 11/7/2009 2:23:28 PM
HOLD ON, man! Don't upgrade to Scraping Spear, especially if you don't have a different weapon that is good, or if you're not willing to part with your spear... That Scraping Spear has one of the lowest attack power of all the weapons, the only good thing about it is that it can destroy (absolutely devastating) someone's armor. However, it's not worth it versus monsters, no attack power equals no progress. Also, I think there is only one more Winged Spear in your playthrough (if you only have one), so if you think like the style of Spear fighting, and are not really enthusiastic with trying out different weapons (Short Spear isn't as great as Winged Spear, improved or not) then you might want to reconsider for the time being.

Also, just make sure you can roll. If you can't roll, up Endurance. If you can, then up Dex for damage, Magic for well... Magic. Spread out stats aren't bad in this game, and if you don't have stats to distribute to use a piece of weaponry or armor, than put it in anything you want (besides luck, I don't think it's worth investing there less you are seeking a BlueBlood Sword).
#6Deatheven13Posted 11/7/2009 2:26:13 PM
Yeah you can turn a cheapie short spear into a scraping spear and it'll end up with the same stats.

Even with only 17ish magic you should get some use out of a moon spear ...

With your dex so high ... I could see a good time had with Hyper mode and an uchiganata
---
#7pandastew(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2009 2:45:27 PM

well I like the extra reach of spear, but I hate dealing with mobs as it isn't as good. I will look into finding new weapons and not upgrade my winged spear. as of now, is it too late to invest myself into mage build? or is me putting 30 into DEX and 22 on STR set me into a melee build?

#8Deatheven13Posted 11/7/2009 2:49:03 PM
You can do supplemental magic ..but unless you like world 4-2 or 4-3 you're going to want to spec something now or reroll ...

Some magic is powerful enough it won't matter though ..have you used dragon god soul yet?

Flamestorm is apparently obligatory though I do enjoy fireball as well since it seems to go through sheilds because of the AoE effect.
---
#9bolton23Posted 11/7/2009 2:51:20 PM
What Soul Level are you? Sorry, I don't really want to do the math. If you're above 70, then I suggest sticking with a melee build. Really, though, the highest level is 712, and that leaves you with plenty of room to forge any kind of character you want. So even though you might be building a melee build now, you can build a mage anytime you want. It's just a matter of when. The reason I say above 70 is because the souls required becomes more and more steeper, and you might not get the results you want (at least not in the amount of time that you probably want).
#10pandastew(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2009 2:52:51 PM

Deatheven13 posted...
You can do supplemental magic ..but unless you like world 4-2 or 4-3 you're going to want to spec something now or reroll ...

Some magic is powerful enough it won't matter though ..have you used dragon god soul yet?

Flamestorm is apparently obligatory though I do enjoy fireball as well since it seems to go through sheilds because of the AoE effect.
---

why do I need to like world 4-2 or 4-3? what do u mean I would want to spec something now or reroll? and I haven't used my dragon god soul.