crystal lizard at 4-3...

#1mimicsoftPosted 11/11/2009 12:39:27 AM
Some japanese dev must be still giggling about putting 2 of them so close....
#2tancientsPosted 11/11/2009 12:51:11 AM
If you're ranged, you can take them out separately without the other noticing

If you're melee, did you forget about Storm Ruler?
---
http://backloggery.com/tancients
#3mimicsoft(Topic Creator)Posted 11/11/2009 12:51:41 AM
I shoot them with an arrow and they both start to run away...
#4tomo012Posted 11/11/2009 12:53:24 AM
Of all the geckos, I always believed those were the easiest to kill.

You did something wrong. :/ Probably was the angle you were at.

---
You think you know, but you don't know anything at all.
#5tomo012Posted 11/11/2009 12:55:38 AM
Maybe you were too close?

---
You think you know, but you don't know anything at all.
#6loc182Posted 11/11/2009 1:32:28 AM
In 4-3 the lizards might take a couple shots, but this is fine. Just get as close as you can without scaring them (wear the Thief Ring!), take the shot with your best bow (Sticky Long Compound +5 and heavy arrows are best), and then turn and run away. (I usually hide behind the large monolith). Wait a few seconds and the lizard will come walking back. Repeat until it is dead, and then do the other one.

I have killed those two lizards every time using this method (save for one time when I forgot to put the Thief Ring back on), and ended up with 7 pure Darkmoonstones across New Game and New Game+.

Important things to remember about the crystal lizards:
- Always wear the Thief Ring when hunting lizards!
- They do not react to arrows that do not hit them. So you can kill anything that is next to one without fear.
- If you alert one by hitting it with an arrow from distance then just turn and run away. In almost all cases the lizard will come walking back. (The only exception I have seen to this is the lizard at the beginning of 2-1. I also am not sure about the first 1-2 or lone 3-3 lizards, since I always chase them down.)
- In non-boss stages you can load your profile after killing a lizard and you will trigger the next spawn of the lizard if any are remaining. This is convenient for the 1-3 lizard, especially since the enemies don't respawn when you load your profile. Just be sure to collect what the lizard drops before loading!
---
Anyone can shoot a gun. But can you steer a bullet?
Rage Racer. Real. Fast. - Rage Racer ad slogan
#7TickmeoffPosted 11/11/2009 1:36:17 AM
If you're melee, did you forget about Storm Ruler?

It's crap against these crystal geckos, does about 30-40 damage.
---
http://dm.senixee.net/youareapirate.swf
Proud to be a Pirate Brawl FC:2320-5828-7131
#8JimiMorrison187Posted 11/11/2009 1:38:04 AM
loc182 is 100% right. They will come back. If your bow isn't strong enough just do it a couple times. Then you can rush the other one if you need to.
#9JimiMorrison187Posted 11/11/2009 1:40:24 AM
Also, I don't know why I never see people say it, but Cloak stacks with Thief's Ring. It is one of the cheapest spells in the game and nobody ever says anything about it. It doesn't double it, but it adds 50% stealth. I have used it hundreds of time with the ring and I can safely say it does make a difference. You can be having something charge you and cast that spell and all of a sudden it acts like you disappeared...lol
#10HNETNarutoPosted 11/11/2009 1:47:10 AM
Just go hyper mode and snipe them.