Why do soo many people use the Falchion over the kilij?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. Why do soo many people use the Falchion over the kilij?

User Info: wpninja

wpninja
7 years ago#1
I know some people do it because they find the crescent one in 4-1* Which is a stupid reason because you could make a better crescent with just a few shards* But most of the people I see don't use a crescent version so why do people use it when the kilij is clearly better?
Cant we all just hit a bong?

User Info: rkzha0

rkzha0
7 years ago#2
some ppl don't like the way the kilij looks. I think most ppl just don't know how easy it is to actually upgrade a kilij to crescent. they just roll with the falchion.

User Info: shadowsofdawn

shadowsofdawn
7 years ago#3
I dont think ive ever seen someone use a falchion who are above level 30. Kilij are pretty rare too. I love the Kilij though, my theif character with a mercury kilij +5 is my favorite character.

User Info: Sword-Demon

Sword-Demon
7 years ago#4
i suppose the main reason is because of the 4-1 C falchion.. they get it and use all their darkmoonstones on it. then they find the kilij, check the stats, and they dont look as good as their newly upgraded +4 C falchion, and assume it's not as good.

but i'm betting only inexperienced players make that mistake. people who take the time to study the weapons know to use the kilij.

User Info: DarKTsunG

DarKTsunG
7 years ago#5
I still use a Crescent Falchion+5 on my 130 Mage. I've considered upgrading a Kilij but look at the stats. CF=112/119 CK=119/126 both with an A in magic, I'd rather not go through the trouble for 7/7 more damage.
PSN: J-Slam

rkzha0
7 years ago#6
but greater higher base dmg comes greater scaling

User Info: DarKTsunG

DarKTsunG
7 years ago#7
Aw don't make me upgrade a Kilij...
PSN: J-Slam

rkzha0
7 years ago#8
... and the kilij has longer reach :)

User Info: Gmoney-

Gmoney-
7 years ago#9
Im still pretty new to this.

But im using like some pickaxe I upgraded a few times.

I know, I know NOOB haha.

So im thinking, maybe i'll try 4-1 for this falchion you guys all speak of tomorrow. Is there a certain way to upgrade it? I didn't even know you could upgrade it in different ways.

I know, I know noob.

Me and my buddy just like running around killing stuff trying to take down bosses for trophies and fun anyway so it's no biggie.

I just want to kill stuff better :P

"Nothing is true, everything is permitted."
PSN/XBL/MGO: RzaRecta357

User Info: EWGF

EWGF
7 years ago#10
This is pretty obvious:

A Falchion requires 9 Strength (base royal Strength) while a Kilij requires 14.

However, on my Royal caster, I sunk one point into Strength to 2-hand the mighty +5 Crescent Kilij.
  1. Boards
  2. Demon's Souls
  3. Why do soo many people use the Falchion over the kilij?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived