Level Order for a noob?

#1Marine197Posted 10/2/2010 10:38:55 PM
Got this game a week ago, started playing yesterday.

So I'm Soul Level 36 at the moment, started as a Royal. I'm working on a Dex build and so far my equipment consists of a Sharp Uchigatana +1, Sticky Compound Longbow +1, Kite Shield, and Silver Catalyst.

I've only beaten 1-1, 1-2, 2-1, and 3-1. I tried 4-1, but I kept dying (though I ended up farming a ton of souls by accident). 3-1 was hell for me, though I only died twice. 2-1 was pretty bad as well, and I think I need something from 5-1 or so to beat Bugbears in 2-2. 5-1 itself seems like it'd be bad for me, as half my deaths thus far have been me stumbling off an edge (or skeletons, stupid rolling balls of death).

So any idea which level I should go to next?
#2HaYZuuSzPosted 10/2/2010 10:42:21 PM
Hm....get the crescent falchion from 4-1 and things will get much easier.

Also, get the winged spear from 1-2 if you havent already, makes world 2 easier becasue the enemies there are susceptible to pierce attacks.

also, once you get the crescent falchion, world 4 should be easier as long as you block stuff, and the boss is really easy.

so once you beat 4-1, go to 4-2, where you can farm souls off the reaper, and get some darkmoonstone to upgrade your falchion.

you can come back later to farm for bladestone.

---
I wumbo, you wumbo, he she me wumbooo wumbo, wumboing, wumBOLOGY!!! the study of WUMBO!!! its first grade spongebob
People these days, no respect; Mexican? no
#3Marine197(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2010 10:46:39 PM
Well, I have both the Winged Spear and the Crescent Falchion.

Guess I should try out the spear and use a sword/shield combo for Skeletons instead of Soul Arrow spamming while running away.
#4Mud_ChanPosted 10/2/2010 10:48:03 PM
2-2, you can easily get to the boss without fighting a single enemy in between. Just run past them. Reference a youtube video for "demons souls 2-2 shortcut" if you cannot solve yourself.

4-1 is also a fairly simple level, and even easier if you use the shortcut (again with the youtubes). It has arguably the simplest boss in the entire game.

So, I guess if I was going to order your remaining worlds...4-1, 2-2, 2-3, 1-3, 5-1, 5-2, 5-3, 4-2, 4-3, 3-2, 1-4, 3-3.

---
FF13 NCU (Storyline Cleared, 55/64 Missions)
#5xCarn4g3xPosted 10/2/2010 10:50:55 PM
Yeah, for the skellies block as they roll into, then dodge outta the way of their swing, right into a backstab. All of stage four is a good place to get upgrades for your Sharp weapons, but because of the resistances of the enemies there, the Crescent Falchion will serve you better there.
---
Gamertag: T0tal Carn4ge
Star Craft II Bnet name: ChaosDragon # 298
#6Marine197(Topic Creator)Posted 10/2/2010 10:52:47 PM
I guess I'll try 2-2 with a Winged Spear tomorrow then. I sort of want to kill everything for the stones so I can continue to upgrade my stuff.

And I guess I already have 4-1 down pretty well, considering I've already cleared out about half the level (from what this map I'm looking at tells me).

Anyways, thanks for the tips. Hopefully that's enough to get me to the point where I can stop failing.
#7killme22Posted 10/2/2010 11:00:54 PM
World 4 is so much easier with a dragon weapon. One just happens to be able to be found in 2-2
---
http://z7.invisionfree.com/ICUclan/index.php?act=idx Home of the UAV Clan