Suggestions for a potential sequel

#1cAiRyCPosted 6/21/2011 7:08:35 AM
Would like to see the entire roster from all the previous games in the sequel, if Nintendo does indeed plan to make one.

And get rid of Donkey Kong as the final opponent. Put in Mr. Dream.

Off topic, but would also like to see Nintendo consider making an arcade wrestling game. Not like the Smackdown vs Raw series, but have it moreso like Virtual Pro Wrestling but with a more arcade feel and have over the top characters. Random I know, but just thought it'd be a cool idea.
#2Gekigangar3Posted 6/23/2011 11:30:47 PM
Not all of the Super Punch-Out!! boxers are necessarily good characters: with Mr. Dream being even worse than those.

Just give Mr. Sandman a tribal-esque tattoo on the side of his face and he's good-to-go as a final boss again. ;)

And there was a game on the NES called Pro Wrestling that was somewhat akin to Punch-Out!! in terms of characterisation.
---
"The GameFAQs boards are more advanced than any other boards on the net." ~ GSOC
#3mzell06Posted 7/19/2011 3:14:46 PM
I'd like to see something that allows for more customizing of your character.

1. Allow the player to choose from a range of heights/weights instead of just one person everyone has to go with.

2. Build up training points to allow customizing the boxer's skills. If you like someone who is impossible to hit and dodges well, you can build that up. Like a heavy hitter, build that up. Want super stamina, you can build that up.

3. All the different characters with special moves are great, but why not a special move for the player? Being able to open and use different special moves would be great. Make it a part of the game, the more you accomplish the more moves you can choose to equip.

4. Boxing is a big money business, let the game reflect it. As you go through the different circuits and gain stardom, have the player earn cash. You will have a personal gym (where the things I talked about in #2 are trained for) that can be customized with said cash.
---
GO PIRATES. (keeping this till the Pirates are 0.500 for a season)
#4Gekigangar3Posted 7/21/2011 6:55:26 PM
Little Mac does have a special move: it's called the Star Punch.

And this whole "Character Customisation" trend is wrecking gaming: if I wanted to decide what the character I play with dresses up as, I'd start playing with Barbies.
---
"The GameFAQs boards are more advanced than any other boards on the net." ~ GSOC
#5mzell06Posted 8/20/2011 11:01:09 PM
Star Punch is lame. Heck, its just an uppercut. The orig. arcade version of the game had that. I'm talking about doing something "special"............not an ordinary every day uppercut.
Allow him to do something that adds some character.
---
GO PIRATES. (keeping this till the Pirates are 0.500 for a season)
#6YomigaeruPosted 8/21/2011 5:02:55 AM
Character customization is hardly a trend, since it's been around almost as long as console gaming has. It's not always needed, but with sports games, I feel it meshes well with the genre. Particularly with simulation sports games where you have a dedicated career mode, and work your way up a ladder.

For a sequel, I'd like improved 1:1 controls. I mean, the motion controls are really the whole point of playing a boxing game on the Wii (for me, at least).
#7Gekigangar3Posted 8/21/2011 7:28:11 PM
Except that this is about as far away from a simulation sports game as you can get.

I'm talking about doing something "special"............not an ordinary every day uppercut.

Allow him to do something that adds some character.

You're missing the point.

Also, learn how to use an ellipsis.
---
#8Capt_SpeedbumpPosted 9/9/2011 10:37:14 AM
If they made a sequel for the Wii (or even the Wii U), I actually hope they don't reuse any of the fighters that just appeared in the Wii game. If you think about it, you've fought all of those characters twice already; I'd like to see them create some new fighters. At best, I'd be OK if they included some stragglers from the SNES Punch-Out!!, such as Dragon Chan, Masked Muscle or Narcis Prince, but I'd hope the game is at least 75% new fighters.

Other than that, I'd be perfectly fine if the main gameplay was the same, and we just got new fighters. It's not that I'm not open to experimentation; if they can find some ways to tweak the formula to add new things that make it more fun, that would be great. But overall, they need to keep the game feeling like the classic Punch-Out!! we know and love.

Above all, remember that it's a puzzle game at heart; no two player-modes, no playing as other fighters besides Little Mac, and no switching the POV to the side instead of head-on. If you want any of that, play Street Fighter, Mortal Kombat, etc. etc. etc. Let Punch-Out!! be Punch-Out!!
#9MasterKilPosted 9/12/2011 6:34:48 AM
These are all good suggestions. And Capt_Speed. I agree with a lot of what you said. But I think they should keep these fighters and add even more. Make the game even longer. Maybe even make it where you can use these fighters. Instead of just using Little Mac. But this is still a cool game.
---
Did you know? You need a heart to live?
#10MasterKilPosted 9/12/2011 6:36:01 AM
I also think they should try to bring back Mike Tyson. He started all this after all.
---
Did you know? You need a heart to live?