Continue of Lapinsky's "What I would like to see from the next Pikmin game" plz?

#1ninto55Posted 6/11/2011 1:59:46 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/954381-new-play-control-pikmin-2/57941380

That topic was a great read with many amazing ideas besides just some Pikmin ideas. While reading a few things came to mind and I might re-read later to make sure I haven't forgotten anything but a few thoughts of mine about it.

The nighttime mode? Having a seperate captain? I love it. When I read it I got this idea, but first let me explain what I think the game's storyline should be, I believe it could be something like Louie is locked up for eating the golden pik pik carrots (Someone found out) and for some reason its up to Olimar to save him. So he goes to the Pikmin planet in search of treasure, before he could leave though his son begs to come with him (He got to stay home longer than he did in Pikmin 2, before Louie was caught, oh and maybe Olimar needs to learn something from Louie so he has to get him out IDK) and so the two captains are Olimar and his son who would be great since as a Nintendo game you can expect kids to play it and as so many other thigns have done when marketing kids having kid protaginists are great. Someone the kids can relate to. Make him maybe a little dumb or funny maybe? I would like him better as a similar character to Olimar, but for the kids and marketing I imagine Nintendo making him more like a funny character like Louie was. When I played Pikmin 2 Louie was my brother's and I favorite character, but I was always Olimar since I was Player 1 and eventually he grew on me, probably due to Pikmin 1. ANYWAY, so on day 1 we have a crash similar to Pikmin 2. You play as Olimar the whole day and he has to leave by himself for the day. The ship (Maybe the same ship, maybe a new one IDK, but another character helps here) talks him into leaving when he desperatly wants to stay for his son. The Pikmin follow Olimar and the day ends. Day 1 would be single player and so would be...

OH WOW THIS POST IS TOO LONG!!! Dang! I have to make it into two posts. Ignore this secion for now, this was added after I typed everything else up.
---
Isn't that just romantic of me?<3
Remember the Alien Hominid.
#2ninto55(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2011 2:00:37 PM
Night 1. On Night 1 you wake up as Olimar's Son and try to find where he is and how to get out. He is of course scared. You start off with a zoomed in camera that can't be changed like the before you find the red pikmin in P1 so its more like you are just stumbling around to try and find something. When you run into a nocturnal pikmin type mentioned in the old topic (I don't think Black or Green would be good here, maybe the third type could be more basic to make this first Night play more normal) and the first night has no timer like the first days before this. You spend time getting around 25 pikmin before you move an obstacle and move along when you are attacked by an enemy, probably a bulborb of some kind and the pikmin save the day, probably just a cutscene so that you don't lose too many pikmin and some how lose the day. You continue on your path (This would be unlocking the first level so you can explore more in the day time with Olimar) and you eventually see the sun peak up. This is when the pikmin turn around and head back to their union. Olimar's Son is worried that they are leaving but then we go to a cutscene with Olimar flying above the ground with the red onion following looking for his son. The black onion takes off without Olimar seeing and Olimar finds his son and the ship shoots him out while the ship stays stationary above them. This version of the ship can only fly when someone is controlling it, but it can hover in air until a pilot returns. So Olimar is reunited with his son and the red union lands next to them. The ship tells you it lost a part around here from the crash that launches a mini ship big enough for Olimar's Son to fit into to fly back and forth to and from the ship. You charge onwards with the duo until you find it. This part also has no time limit, but has a few obstacles fought with Red Pikmin. When you find it Olimar sends his son up to the ship and tells him where the landing sight is while the ship teaches him how to fly. Olimar now spends the rest of the day finding his way back (Imagine a basic outdoor level, now imagine where the base is and now imagine on the complete other side of the map is where you are now) once you get back the day ends. You then get one of the 2 messages available in this game. Son's diary or mail. I miss the diarys from the first game but found the mail to be funny. On Olimar's Son's diary he says he does not want to tell his father about his adventure with the nocturnal pikmin and that he'd rather sneak out at night the the mini-ship and be a great explorer like his dad is! (Yes I know Olimar is not an explorer but his son looks up to him as one) and he mentions how he thinks he can see the nocturnal pikmin landing now so he decides to try to investiate. He asks the ship to not tell his father and the ship agrees but keeps him under communication incase something goes wrong. Night 2 also has no timer as you spend the day finding the nocturnal pikmin to follow your miniship wherever it goes (However there will be no level choice for night, you will instead go into whatever level you spent your day on) and you spend this second night getting used to the Night portions of the game, a night time tutorial. Then when the sun begins to rise you get a message from the ship saying you have to get back to the miniship or else Olimar will find out. As for the pikmin, maybe they can't be left behind? This would avoid green pikmin confusion due to one of the captains actually being a pikmin. Day 3 begins and the real game starts as the second level opens up.
---
#3ninto55(Topic Creator)Posted 6/11/2011 2:01:18 PM
Wow, very long. I actually hope someone from the old topic reads this and we can get a new disussion going. I would like to go more in-depth about the Black and Green pikmin (who I had my doubts about until someone mentioned throwing him, which made me fall in love) And maybe some more son diary ideas. Oh and the diaries would be shown to you at night retelling events of the last day and night while mail would be delivered at the end of the day.

Oh and one more thing, maybe as a secondary plot point (If that makes sence, I'm referring to how once you got the money needed in Pikmin 2 you left but Louie got left behind, this is my version of that idea in this game) You collect the money needed to free Louie and as you take off that night you get the money, Olimar's Son gets into the miniship and blasts off into the night as he ussually does by now, Olimar blasts off without noticing when the ship tells him he has left his son behind after they have left the atmoshphere. By this point the miniship is too far away from the ship to use its power sources and must use its own, unfortunatly the ship had not been switched to using its own power and crashed in an unexlpored area. The next night Olimar's Son explored the new area and finds a missing piece needed to get the miniship to run on its own power, unfortunatly needing to recharge every 12 hours, Olimar decided the charging time will be at night while he explores the game at night time since his pikmin leave him alone during the day with no way to fight off the creatures of the day. Unfortuanatly due to this Olimar and his son never come into contact when flying in and out of orbit. Olimar goes back to hocotate frees Louie and gets him to come back with him in searche of his son. The day would be spent with Olimar finding ship pieces which the ship tells him he should leave for Olimar's Son's ship incase he comes by. The story would say he is constantly looking for his son but really you are just collecting more pieces and money. Olimar's Son comes down at night and finds the pieces and knows his dad is still helping him some how. So you spend the next 30 days/nights trying to collect Olimar's Son's missing pieces (There would be 60 pieces though and yes I do know its a miniship, but 60 pieces makes sence to that you have 30 day periods and 30 night periods making 60 chances to collect pieces) after you get all 60 you get the ending of the game but Olimar's son begs Olimar to let him stay here and continue to explore the planet. Louie heads back home and the game continues with day segments played by the father son duo and night segments played by Olimar's Son again.

Wow... even longer... uhhh.... Okay and just for clarification I want multiplayer story mode too, but maybe Day time could be coop while Night time is single player for harder sections of the game with only one captain. And yes I know about the green pikmin transforming, but since at times you might not have any greens it might be better to just have it be played solo?

Anyway thank you for reading if you did and please post your thoughts, if you didn't read atleast read the old topic, that might inspire you to make it through this giant mess^^^
---
#4ninto55(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2011 6:42:37 PM
I don't blame anyone for not reading this. Who comes to the NPC Pikmin 2 board for Pikmin 3 ideas? It is all about the Pikmin WiiU board! And besides with how much text that is I probably wouldn't put the effort itno it either. I suppose this topic will just die, with me. All alone. :(
---