To be clear, USA's Pikmin 2 as a Wii game is Nintendo Selects ONLY, correct?

#1dhowerterPosted 6/9/2012 12:10:36 AM
To be clear, the USA release of Pikmin 2 as a Wii game is Nintendo Selects ONLY, correct?

That is, there will be NO ordinary-looking Wii case front (more white-ish ;) version of this game released in the USA? (ONLY the red Nintendo Selects case front)

Although I think the rest of the NPC games on Wii have reversible covers with one side being the red Nintendo Selects cover and one side being the normal cover , so if this has that feature, it could be made to look like a normal Wii case front :-)

Anyone know?

#2Ryan SiPosted 6/9/2012 12:28:02 AM
It's only being released as part of the Nintendo Selects line of titles. The Wii U is coming out in the Fall, they aren't going to re-release the game again for Wii, period.

I could see Nintendo possibly releasing an "HD Collection" for Wii U later on, but that's a different story.

As to your other question, this game will be my first Nintendo Select game...so I don't know.
---
Currently Playing: Bit.Trip Complete (Wii), Xenoblade (Wii)
Anticipating: Doom 3 BFG Edition (PS3), Final Fantasy X HD (PS3)
#3Shamrock99Posted 6/9/2012 4:34:36 PM
Hey look, another person who cares about what cover art looks like besides me.

Everyone will tell you you're OCD, but don't worry TC, I feel your pain.

(and don't worry, you're not OCD, you just like to have your stuff look nice)
---
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat
#4AxltheRedPosted 6/9/2012 7:30:23 PM
That my frIends is why the cover project exists, keeping the rest of us sane with all the custom covers you could want
---
Good,Bad I'm the guy with the Gun~ Ash from Evil Dead
#5dhowerter(Topic Creator)Posted 6/15/2012 10:41:47 PM
Well, assuming you have your Wii games lined up on a shelf somewhere, it doesn't really matter, since the SPINES of both the normal version of a game and the Nintendo Selects version are identical.

(I watched an unboxing video on Youtube of the Nintendo Selects Super Mario Galaxy which showed the spine being WHITE (not Red) and normal looking, so it will look just like a normal version and fit in perfectly on your shelf ;-)

Also, when this comes out, could someone please check and tell me if this game has a reversible cover? :)

#6WiseWarrior101Posted 6/15/2012 10:46:57 PM
It's already out, and no, it doesn't.
---
3DS FC: 0173-1411-9831
1 hungry spider + 1 hungry spider: 1 fat spider
#7BlazingflarePosted 6/19/2012 12:18:53 PM
I am very ocd, but I like the nintendo select covers. It makes the game feel more... special to me
---
"I'm HUUUUGE! Even scarier up close, huh?" - Bowser - Mario Galaxy 2 - 3:07
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e8VoNXQuy-8
#8Shamrock99Posted 6/22/2012 1:37:18 PM
I love that Nintendo put so much effort into the manual. Full-color disk label and a full-color manual that even includes stuff like claymation Wiimotes (unless it's just photoshop and not made of actual clay...still cool). Some nice artwork included in the manual too, like on the "Notes" page in the very back.

For $20, I gotta' wonder how they're making a profit! Translating the instruction manual language so many times, re-graphic designing everything, implementing Wiimote controls...for only $20. So nice.
---
My Backloggery: http://www.backloggery.com/Kajicat
#9kaserdemonPosted 6/28/2012 9:55:29 AM
Shamrock99 posted...
I love that Nintendo put so much effort into the manual. Full-color disk label and a full-color manual that even includes stuff like claymation Wiimotes (unless it's just photoshop and not made of actual clay...still cool). Some nice artwork included in the manual too, like on the "Notes" page in the very back.

For $20, I gotta' wonder how they're making a profit! Translating the instruction manual language so many times, re-graphic designing everything, implementing Wiimote controls...for only $20. So nice.

Hey Shamrock, fancy seeing you in another persons cover thread. lol
Yeah $20 is a steal for this, I'm looking forward to challenge mode. Good stuff.
---
PSN: kaserex
#10MamoruNoHakkyouPosted 6/28/2012 3:37:29 PM
Shamrock99 posted...

This was released in Europe 3 years ago so the multilingual manual could very well already have existed, I am so glad we finally got it though!!
---
And the story goes on...
forever.