I beat the Boost Guardian on my first try

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  3. I beat the Boost Guardian on my first try
1 year ago#1
I finally started playing Echoes after beating the first game. And after hearing a lot of negative feedback about a certain frustrating boss on online forums, I was able to beat the Boost Guardian on my very first try.

Being prepared certainly helped. I brought 5 E-Tanks to this battle, plus 99 Light Ammo.

And granted, this was my first time playing, so I tried Normal mode in the Trilogy Version (AKA Easy Mode). This was also the only boss I consulted a FAQ due to the fact that he's infamous amongst Metroid players. Even in the Omega Pirate battle, I avoided spoilers.

I survived the battle with 3 E-Tanks left. I'll probably regret such an easy victory when I try facing this sucker on Veteran and Hypermode levels (for now, I still think Prime 1's Ridley is the trilogy's hardest boss).

Also, I managed to find up to 3 Save Stations on both Torvus Bog and its dark counterpart. This kind of baffles me, as I recall people complaining there weren't enough Save Stations. There are more than in the Phazon Mines.

Did Nintendo and Retro add an extra station for the Trilogy version?
  1. Boards
  2. Metroid Prime 2: Echoes
  3. I beat the Boost Guardian on my first try

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived