Music creation problems

#1LeonsoaresPosted 5/6/2010 3:40:50 PM
Im trying to learn hor to read music sheets do create music. But the keyboard of the Recor Maker Matic is limited, so I need some help:

-The full range of notes starts from the lower note, a low F (Fa) and ends in the higher note, a high G (Sol), right? And there is 3 Cs (Do) between these lower and higher notes. The Record Makermatic just have 2 Cs. Wich ones? They are the lower one and the middle one or the middle one and the higher one? If I know this, I can look to the keyboard more accuratedly.

---
Warioware D.I.Y Friend Code:
Leos S/A - 2794 3255 0257
#2iphysPosted 5/6/2010 3:56:59 PM
It depends on which instrument you are using. Some instruments are an octave higher or lower in pitch, which you can use to your advantage by using different instruments to cover different note ranges.

For the default piano instrument I am not entirely sure which C is middle C -- I'm guessing it is the bottom one -- but I'm really not sure. It doesn't really matter which C is middle C so much as making sure you can fit all the notes of your music in the range depending on which one you choose.

Also, it helps to know how to transpose music, because if you just go from the sheet music it often won't fit in the limited range of notes we are given. Basically, it's just a question of shifting all the notes up or down the same amount so that they will fit in the range.
#3Leonsoares(Topic Creator)Posted 5/6/2010 6:38:03 PM
It would be really graeat if some musician guy do a tutorial about this... Im still lost
---
#4Leonsoares(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2010 8:25:12 AM
I quit. I wont try make accurate music anymore.
Im using some piano sheets, and how the Record maker have a limited keyboard, I defined the Record maker keyboard central key (G - Sol) as the central C and Im working from this. Its kinda working, actually... it isnt really accurated, but works well.
---
#5Leonsoares(Topic Creator)Posted 5/7/2010 1:45:09 PM
Using this idea, I made the Champion Battle theme from Pokemon GSC, with a sheet for piano. I think its good, considering I never tried read a music sheet until yesterday. Some feedback will be welcome,
---
#6Leonsoares(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2010 7:03:52 AM
I tried something different and actually more obvious. I used the game keyboard with treble AND bass clef changing the instruments. Piano for treble and bass for bass. And it worked better that my other method. Still not perfect, but better, and Im not even a musician! The first result is the Hammer Brothers theme, in my warehouse.
---
#7iphysPosted 5/13/2010 8:20:50 AM
Yeah, you basically have to do that, because there's no way you'll cover the whole treble clef / bass clef range with one instrument. Also, it might help if you look at sheet music that's not specifically for the piano, because other instruments usually don't cover such an extreme range of notes as the piano.
#8Leonsoares(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2010 8:24:51 AM
The only site I found with game music sheets is primarily for piano. Do you know where to find game music sheets for other instruments?
---
#9iphysPosted 5/13/2010 8:46:29 AM
i haven't been looking for video game sheet music specifically. I've been finding midi files on vgmusic.com and using the program MidiSheetMusic to convert them to sheet music, which is also handy, because it lets you automatically transpose the music if you go to Time and Shift Key so you can try to get the sheet music to fit in the range of notes you need for DIY. It never seems to put an instrument as having both treble clef and bass clef components unless it totally shifts from one to the other part way through the song, and it puts all the notes in separate tracks even if the same instrument is playing notes simultaneously. When I have tracks that shift between treble and bass clef I usually use the 8-bit shell instruments and switch between the green shell and the blue shell.
#10Leonsoares(Topic Creator)Posted 5/13/2010 11:35:32 AM
Another question? how do I know, using this program, how much space use between the notes?
---