Perfect lane partner for Zilean?

#1SkylonPosted 12/8/2010 8:51:58 PM
Yesterday my brother and I discovered that Taric and Zilean are amazing lane partners. We played three games in a row and we totally shut our lane down all three times. If they came in range of me (Zilean), they would get a double bomb to the face. If they came in range of him, they would get stunned, whacked a couple of times as well as a double bomb to the face. Plus Taric's heal allowed me to be even more aggressive by possibly taking a hit from the tower in order to bomb them when they would otherwise assume I wouldn't risk it. One of us would take Clarity as well, so that would pretty much allow us to lane indefinitely.

However, is there another hero that would fit better with Zilean using the above playstyle? I think it'd be important to have someone with a heal of some sort in order to allow Zilean to be more aggressive that the opponent would expect, but some sort of disable or taunt is also necessary to force them to have to run from both heroes. Otherwise they can just stay away from Zilean and lane as usual.

---
"A young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again." - Masakari24 sums up the Wizard of Oz
#2infamous_911Posted 12/8/2010 8:55:40 PM
If you're getting into tower's range each time you want to bomb them you're doing something wrong. You've completely overextended and are susceptible to ganks.
#3Vidy_ogamastaPosted 12/8/2010 8:58:43 PM
twitch
---
http://img232.imageshack.us/img232/2050/ttfaf5cw4.jpg
draynor.net/stat/gold/male/smithing_skillcape/Vidyogamasta.gifgamasta.png
#4Skylon(Topic Creator)Posted 12/8/2010 8:59:21 PM
If you're getting into tower's range each time you want to bomb them you're doing something wrong. You've completely overextended and are susceptible to ganks.

Not every time. That was really only in the case of getting a kill or forcing them to go back and heal. But, without a healer, even that wouldn't be possible because one or two hits from a tower and you'd need to go heal yourself.

As for ganks, that's not very hard at all to watch out for in the laning phase. The only time that was even remotely an issue was the game where the had a Warwick jungling. But even that wasn't too dangerous to play aggressively because Zilean's haste can easily get me out of range of Warwick whenever he decided to show up.

---
"A young girl kills the first woman she meets and then teams up with three complete strangers to kill again." - Masakari24 sums up the Wizard of Oz
#5CyberSlasherXPosted 12/8/2010 9:50:28 PM
Eve
---
//ŻŻ____________
\\__yberSlasherX__
#6EyEs fr0m Ab0vEPosted 12/8/2010 9:56:05 PM
Taric may be one of the top choices. Sion may be good too.
---
"them memory is xbox hard down the framerate"
#7falcon776Posted 12/8/2010 9:56:30 PM

twitch

Eve

These, and maybe Shaco but his stealth is too long for the stealth bomber trick.
---
http://i20.tinypic.com/2lcbmop.gif
http://chzgifs.files.wordpress.com/2010/11/americapantsp1.gif
#8WRRYYYYersPosted 12/8/2010 10:45:13 PM
Ryze.

Spell Flux lowers their MR, and Rune Prison to root them.
---
Official Self-proclaimed, King of Tager
PSN: OrionSTARS 360B|720C|1080D
#9ArmyOfWinPosted 12/9/2010 2:09:17 AM
Taric is good in a lane with ANYONE.

SImilar thing with Zilean. So they make a good combo.

Any good duo laner, preferably one who can harass from a distance works well with Zil.
#10Cheap_HedgehogPosted 12/9/2010 3:31:49 AM
Vladamir.

I had a Zilean and Vlad double bomb me while I was tower hugging.

He would bomb up Vladamir and Vlad would use his ult, dip me with his pool while both bombs go off and destroy me with all that burst... and if that fails Zil can just revive vlad back up.
---
Sonic the Cheap *** Hedgehog.