Is Garen Viable in ranked?

#1Great_JaggiPosted 1/8/2011 12:36:20 PM
I'm just about to start doing ranked matches, and i want to know if Garen is considered a good champion in a ranked team.

if not, i own Amumu, Caitlyn, Janna, Kassadin, Kayle, Master Yi, Mordekaiser, Olaf, Shen, Sion, Sivir, Sona, and Swain.

what would be a good champion to kick off my ranked matches.

also, I'm runed out for DPS and tank characters.

Help me out please. Thanks in advance.
#2Ultima_Weapon33Posted 1/8/2011 12:36:41 PM
No.
---
Metal Gear Online Forever Rank : CHA
The CHA sees all. ~ * ~ People CHA'd : 286
#3Great_Jaggi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2011 12:37:41 PM
and what about the other champions?

I kinda figured Garen would be bad in ranked since his changes.
#4anilEhilatedPosted 1/8/2011 12:38:16 PM
Everything is viable in ranked. Anyone who tells you otherwise is taking the game way too seriously.
---
For who could ever...?
#5Flyhunter241Posted 1/8/2011 12:44:54 PM
All of those are fine, I think Garen is still pretty good and I still see him often. I can almost guarantee you wont be able to play Amumu due to him being banned every game. My only advice is to pick a few people and learn them extremely well.

---
When walking through the snow, please, for the love of god, DON'T PICK UP STRANGE CRYSTAL SHARDS!
#6Great_Jaggi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2011 12:45:21 PM
^ I just don't want groans from the team from picking a champion that gets steamrolled easily.

Like Mordekaiser, hes been nerfed so hard, that other champions might be a better pick than him.

I dunno, maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but i want to have a great ranked history.
#7Yojimbo1337SWPosted 1/8/2011 12:46:34 PM

I dunno, maybe I'm taking it too seriously, but i want to have a great ranked history.

Unless you're really good, you aren't going to be one of those few who get up to 2k elo with less than 100 games played.
---
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/user.php?board=534913
Watch out, this person is a Troll, learn to hate him.
#8EltoniaXPosted 1/8/2011 1:15:53 PM
elo determines viability, not ranked or normal.
---
Umbrella Corporation Lives
http://www.myhealthmychoice.gov.hk/en/index.html
#9SomeDude1205Posted 1/8/2011 1:17:27 PM
Garen
still viable, just not as spin2win as before

Sion
ap or ad, both do well

Amumu, Shen
very viable, as these guys can potentially carry teams if played well, but of course they're banned just about every game, Amumu more so than Shen. People seems to be hating on mumu, rammus, panth, and eve nowadays.

Caitlyn
you better be damn sure you're good with her, and have a good team. She can't carry as hard as other options. Seems pretty popular atm because "omg snipah!", so whether you can actually choose her is up to when you get to pick. From experience most cait in ranked is pretty terribad around 1200 elo range (you start ranked at 1200), so if you see one most likely the game just became a 4v5.

Janna, Sona
viable as support, but depend on team for winning, if you got a team of baddies no matter how hard you support you're not gonna win

Kassadin
instagib people, keep mejai up and don't die. Getting 20 stacks in midgame's usually a good way to get a surrender out of the other team.

Swain
viable, i've seen good swains completely dominate especially if you can land your snare well.

Kayle
depending on team

Morde, Olaf
most faceroll champs ever, people don't seem to know how to counter them

Master Yi, Sivir
you'll either faceroll or do horribad depending on team comp. and your own skills
---
A fan of JAM Project
#10Great_Jaggi(Topic Creator)Posted 1/8/2011 1:41:20 PM
^ huh, sounds good.

thanks for the responses everyone.