The new tank list

#1MxMonsterPosted 2/1/2011 3:32:50 PM
With all the argument about who is really a tank recently, riot has made it clear with this new patch.
Bruisers , the new classification are essentially "tanky"
The ones who are now marked with the tag tank are Alistar, Amumu, Galio, Rammus, Shen, and Taric.
These champion are now the only ones considered "tanks". Anyone who was thought of a tank before, IE Cho Gath and Mundo are bruisers and are "Tanky"

The bruisers: Blitz, Cho, Mundo, Garen, Gragas, Jax, Kayle, Malphite, Morde, Nasus, Nunu, Brolaf, Poppy, Renekton, Singed, Sion, Trundle, Udyr, Urgot, Vladimir, WW, and Xin.
So you probably need atleast one of the listed champions on this topic for a working team.

Sorry if this is old news.
#2TheTrueAmericanPosted 2/1/2011 3:39:35 PM
MUNDO BRUISE WHO HE PLEASES!
#3Mobile_PlatformPosted 2/1/2011 3:41:10 PM
Blitzcrank isn't considered a true tank? He has one of the best initiators in the damn game.
---
Dude, did you just get ****blocked by Bob Saget?
#4alvinxiePosted 2/1/2011 3:41:46 PM

Blitzcrank isn't considered a true tank? He has one of the best initiators in the damn game.

Wards and having common sense go a long way.
#5PaperbladePosted 2/1/2011 3:48:20 PM
I think it's funny that they consider Taric more of a tank than Malphite
---
I dislike arguments of any kind. They are always vulgar, and often convincing. ~ The Importance of Being Earnest
#6VoidgolemPosted 2/1/2011 3:51:37 PM(edited)
Bruiser: Durable, not very tanky (lacks CC or...any particular reason to be looked at by people outside of melee range, really)

Tank: Disable hooooooo.
~

"They have to target me or else I'll kill their carry" does not make you a tank. FYI.
---
I am plagued by many dilemmas numbering four score, ten and nine. But among those, a harlot is not one of them.
#7Strife025Posted 2/1/2011 3:52:14 PM
Malphite not a tank and Taric a Tank? Whoops
---
Rent Me
#8VoidgolemPosted 2/1/2011 3:54:38 PM(edited)

Malphite not a tank and Taric a Tank? Whoops

Give me any reason to shoot at Malphite over anyone else on his team. Taric's got Radiance and his heal going for him on that end.

Again: "Target me or I'll kill your carry" does not a tank make, the term is 'Anti-carry'.
---
I am plagued by many dilemmas numbering four score, ten and nine. But among those, a harlot is not one of them.
#9Strife025Posted 2/1/2011 4:03:21 PM
Give me any reason to shoot at Malphite over anyone else on his team. Taric's got Radiance and his heal going for him on that end.

Again: "Target me or I'll kill your carry" does not a tank make, the term is 'Anti-carry'.

ReallY? That's the dumbest thing I've ever heard.

I guess every support is a tank because they have heals and buffs then and should be focused.

Malphite is more of a tank because he has a way to initiate and I've seen many high ELO streams with Malphite as the only tank. What is Taric gonna do to initiate, slowly runup and stun one carry? Taric is more of a support then a tank.

If Alistar is categorized as a tank then how is Malphite different when they both have similar ways to initiate and have skills which help them absorb damage while initiating.

Outside of Taunt, Tank = ability to Initiate, which Taric doesn't have.
---
Rent Me
#10arfarf624Posted 2/1/2011 4:14:08 PM
most people are brain dead and attack the closest person they see
---
Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth
-Sir Arthur Conan Doyle