how is this nocturne build?

#1banzai98Posted 3/18/2011 2:43:48 PM
i'm not an expert, but so many people build him so squishily. i do really well with him with this build
laning by the way

21/0/9

ar. pen marks
mp5/lvl seals
cooldown glyphs
health quints

exhaust ghost

qewqq r>q>e>w

doran's shield
boots 1
phage
boots 2
mallet/brutalizer
brutalizer/mallet
banshee's/atmas/ghostblade in whatever order i need them in
guardian angel/ dps items

does that look solid? frozen mallet makes him such a beast
---
Roses are red, Violets are blue
Milk, eggs, potatoes
#2ScaredChildrenPosted 3/18/2011 2:48:54 PM
I approve, although I would probably go flash exhaust instead, but that's minor stuff that you can decide on.

Build is fine, I approve of a beefy Nocturne.
Only thing I recommend is trying to find a different mastery set up, but, as with summoner spells, it's subjective.
21 into offense is wasted in my opinion, as things stop being useful once you hit the armor pen/magic pen in offense.
I would rather invest more points into utility for the buff durations and mp regen.

tl;dr: +1, fine build.
---
:>
#3TemporalKnightPosted 3/18/2011 2:50:25 PM(edited)
Looks good to me, and yes like the guy above me said flash exhaust seems to be better. Stops people from flashing out of your fear. since dusk trail is an mspd steriod.
---
I'll be a Pauper: reverent in dereliction
I'll stand a Shadow: bear witness to the atrophy
#4mightyfenixPosted 3/18/2011 3:03:10 PM
21 in offense isn't too useful since havoc only increases base damage by 5%. I would put more into utility maybe go 16/0/14.
#5ISamfisherIPosted 3/18/2011 3:05:26 PM
ghost ignite, lane
Dorans blade
Boots
As many dorans blades as you need
Zerkers or mercs
Brutalizer
Banshees
Cleaver
Starks
Youmuus

GG
---
~~~~RED~~~~ ~~~~GREEN~~~~ ~~~~~BLUE~~~~~
[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[[ ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| ]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]]] LoL IGN: LOD
#6DualSword31Posted 3/18/2011 3:11:59 PM(edited)
Should get Cloth Armor or Long Sword + Health Potion instead of Doran items to build into Wriggle's Lantern so you always have a ward on the map which you can use to gank people alone that you know you'll win 1v1.
#7eijiyukiPosted 3/18/2011 4:09:26 PM
I don't see anything wrong with that build. Looks decent.

Don't always need to get Doran's blade as Shield is equally useful

5% more dmg in that 21/09 mastery can mean life or death in early situations.

He doesn't have to spend all of it on Utility either. It's a matter of playstyle

21/0/9 can also complement for his shield

Go Vampiric scepter for Jungling not Cloth armor and pots.

also he doesn't need to jungle with Nocturne
#8banzai98(Topic Creator)Posted 3/19/2011 12:07:58 AM
i actually had some success with a 15/0/15 build. thanks for all your suggestions
---
Roses are red, Violets are blue
Milk, eggs, potatoes
#9KagerasuPosted 3/19/2011 3:34:48 AM
mightyfenix posted...
21 in offense isn't too useful since havoc only increases base damage by 5%. I would put more into utility maybe go 16/0/14.

Elaborate.
---
The R of OT - The power of accurate observation is frequently called cynicism by those who don't have it
#10R_JackalPosted 3/19/2011 3:40:53 AM
Havoc's been mired in mystery since it's been made. The end result being the conclusion: It does not, in fact, increase ALL damage by 4%. As a matter of fact, it seems to be quite selective in what it DOES increase, and appears to be an on-hit effect for physical abilities, and have little effect on spells.

So it'll benefit auto attacks and some abilities, but not all.

16/0/14 is a great talent set up for a Melee DPS though.