skins vs new champions with rp?

#1ffxblak12Posted 5/4/2011 11:18:34 AM
what should i get?
#2capgamerPosted 5/4/2011 11:23:25 AM
Honestly I say skins. Champions can eventually be unlocked with ip and it's more rewarding when you do. Skins can only be bought with the real monies.
---
It's like racism, except to only one person. -Todasmile
It's tough never being right. - Eric Shinseki
#3smackdownvPosted 5/4/2011 11:28:09 AM

Honestly I say skins. Champions can eventually be unlocked with ip and it's more rewarding when you do. Skins can only be bought with the real monies.

---
Not changing this signature till Petey Piranha is back in Mario Kart started May 14th 2008
#4b0omstickPosted 5/4/2011 11:47:14 AM
Skins= same champion just looks differnt, unless its legendary nothing else is differnt. Champion new play style new toon to try out id say champ. Yeah you can unlock with ip but if you already bought the rp imo use it on a champ (unless your gettin a legendary skin).
#5EarthshakerPosted 5/4/2011 12:01:05 PM
unless its legendary nothing else is differnt.

Untrue.

Heimer's turrets get muscle car engines in Piltover Customs Heimey skin, Zileans projectiles are different with different skins, Ice Nocturne throughs around blue cotton candy instead of shadows, etc. etc. etc.
---
[Bracketeer from 1/15/05 to 1/15/08.]
Sept. 20th, 2010 - 5K karmaversary - MHTri- Isquen
#6P00DGEPosted 5/4/2011 12:02:12 PM
The golden rule is to never spend money on anything you can get for free. In League of Legends, this means that you should only use RP on things that cannot be obtained with IP. Which means only use RP on skins. I will never understand why people use RP on champions, such a blatant waste of money when you can get them for free.
#7jepaanPosted 5/4/2011 12:08:12 PM
P00DGE posted...
The golden rule is to never spend money on anything you can get for free. In League of Legends, this means that you should only use RP on things that cannot be obtained with IP. Which means only use RP on skins. I will never understand why people use RP on champions, such a blatant waste of money when you can get them for free.

Maybe they want to support Riot and get a new champion at the same time?
Would say skins too though, or IP boost if you can't afford a skin.
---
-
#8Loki_stPosted 5/4/2011 12:09:21 PM
P00DGE posted...

Cause farming IP takes time, time is money?
---
10172401Final Fantasy XIV OnlineThanks JoJoCool73412/5 10:27PMOff-Topic PostingTopic DeletedN/A
PSN: Lokie, GamerTag: Lokril
#9SpottyRhymePosted 5/4/2011 12:25:40 PM

This. While getting new champions is nice, you can get them with IP.
---
"My workout is W A S D"
http://img39.imageshack.us/img39/903/rhymea.jpg By: Ace_Of_Spadez_
#10P00DGEPosted 5/4/2011 12:36:56 PM
No, playing the game gets you IP, which is what you would be doing anyway. If you are enjoying the game, you should periodically have enough IP to buy new champs with IP whenever you want. Farming IP assumes that you only play the game to accumulate in game wealth, which makes you a noob anyway. I mean, I get 5k IP a week, and I don't even play that much.

RP in general is useless in this game. Skins do not have any value other than cosmetics. Everything else in the game can be obtained free. You can technically unlock everything in the game for free. I only ever put 10 dollars into this game, but with that 10 dollars, I have been able to stretch it out over 6 months to buy 3 expensive skins that look great on champions I main. Those are 3 skins I would not have if I bought a champ with RP. But I can buy any champ I want right now because I have 13,000 IP. I have enough unique runes to fill up 6 runes pages, and I have purchased 2 extra rune pages with IP, one of which isn't even being used right now. IP is plentiful enough to never justify using RP on IP spendable stuff