Is Udyr a solid pick right now?

#11DualSword31Posted 9/28/2011 9:34:57 PM(edited)
So you're one of those udyrs that goes tiger jungle and costs us the game.
#12FreshSushiPosted 9/28/2011 9:37:54 PM
NDN_Shadow posted...
Phoenix is faster but requires you to be runed for it (Attack speed runes). Given the right runes, the your gank damage is about the same for both.

Have you tried jungling with Udyr without runes? It's pointless, tiger or phoenix.
---
Play SSF4 AE: (Seth), LoL: (Scapegoats), 3SO: (Hugo)
Oct 4 *drools*
#13TheMove2Posted 9/28/2011 9:38:07 PM
I just got Udyr and his 975 rp skin last nite. I regret it. got talked in to by my bros to grab him for 3v3. hes good but has no ult and only two useable skills. Turtle and shield is useless, and so is phenoix when tiger is better in every way.

I regret buying udyr over Noc and Lee.
#14TheMove2Posted 9/28/2011 9:39:35 PM
I play 3v3 so I dont jungle at lvl one. Im fine with jungling alittle bit at level 4 or so. I wasnt looking for th ebest chap than canjungle best at lvl 1 so my opinon is differen than others.
#15Jitunu321Posted 9/28/2011 9:40:16 PM
FreshSushi posted...
NDN_Shadow posted...
Phoenix is faster but requires you to be runed for it (Attack speed runes). Given the right runes, the your gank damage is about the same for both.

Have you tried jungling with Udyr without runes? It's pointless, tiger or phoenix.

He can still jungle with tiger without any runes whatsoever
#16Jitunu321Posted 9/28/2011 9:40:43 PM
PLaya1 posted...
I just got Udyr and his 975 rp skin last nite. I regret it. got talked in to by my bros to grab him for 3v3. hes good but has no ult and only two useable skills. Turtle and shield is useless, and so is phenoix when tiger is better in every way.

Udyr is amazing in 3v3. Not only that, but somehow your opinion is actually wrong.
#17GujinKamiPosted 9/28/2011 9:42:38 PM

Wow, srs? Build Tanky DPS, run around and be a stunbot, and use Tiger to burst down everything. It honestly sounds like you don't know how to play Udyr.
---
~Gujin
TA-KAH-TOH-MON!!!!!!!
#18NDN_ShadowPosted 9/28/2011 9:46:21 PM
FreshSushi posted...
NDN_Shadow posted...

You can Tiger jungle without significant runes. Udyr was my first major jungler, so I didn't have AS Reds to make jungling Phoenix worth it.

If you don't have at least AS red, then Tiger > Phoenix.
#19FreshSushiPosted 9/28/2011 9:54:36 PM(edited)
Anyone can jungle without runes, the derp path of wolves wraiths golems back makes it so. Doesn't mean you should, ever.

Oh and yeah, by pointless I don't mean impossible. I hate inefficiency, especially nowadays with them lovely Lee Sins ganks before the game even begins. Last thing anyone needs is wasted time due to rune lacking.
---
Play SSF4 AE: (Seth), LoL: (Scapegoats), 3SO: (Hugo)
Oct 4 *drools*
#20GlidingflowerPosted 9/28/2011 9:52:42 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]