"your system is currently not allowing access to our servers..."

#1RisenTerranPosted 10/9/2011 7:26:29 AM
"...Check your firewall and/or security settings to allow PMB.exe to run."

Sooooooo... Why is this happening when I try to install lol on Windows XP? I have no firewall on, and I've already tested out other games like War3 and they run fine.

Anyone ever deal with this before?
---
Ya, Im the guy who used trig to prove the Black Comet was far bigger than the Ark. There is now proof that Shadow's Chaos Control cant be rivaled by Sonic's.
#2VoidgolemPosted 10/9/2011 7:40:37 AM
go check your firewall/antivirus stuff.
---
"Saw the 'power' of friendship today, resulted in about 38 deaths. Makin' a note to look for more dopey touchy-feely groups like that. Bwahaha"
#3RisenTerran(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 7:47:23 AM
On a freshly installed XP whats there to check? I shut off the firewall... What Else?
---
Ya, Im the guy who used trig to prove the Black Comet was far bigger than the Ark. There is now proof that Shadow's Chaos Control cant be rivaled by Sonic's.
#4MrMepperPosted 10/9/2011 7:59:02 AM
Open your ports?
#5RisenTerran(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 8:10:05 AM
I know that they are open. I'm running XP off a flash drive.

When I boot from Win7 lol runs.

So logically it has to be WinXP software based, I'm just drawing a blank. I guess it could be a side effect from the odd boot, but everything else seems fine. I'm Posting off it now.
---
#6RisenTerran(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 9:13:50 AM
One last bump for the road :O
---
#7TulkiPosted 10/9/2011 9:17:41 AM
Well the problem is Pando Media Booster (PMB), a <poopy> program that runs in the background after installation to seed game files to other users.

In all honesty, once you find a fix that lets you install properly, you should uninstall PMB so that it doesn't upload files without your permission.
---
Blue Wizard is about to die!
... Red Knight shot the food!
#8RisenTerran(Topic Creator)Posted 10/9/2011 9:36:29 AM
I'll do that for revenge >:D

Stupid Pando... I neither want nor need you :(
---
#9cuban69Posted 10/9/2011 9:47:14 AM
pmb will return as long as you play LoL
---
QuantumSurvival on US
#10TulkiPosted 10/9/2011 3:43:57 PM
pmb will return as long as you play LoL

Actually, you can uninstall it safely after LoL's installation is complete. LoL won't freak out and throw exceptions if it can't find Pando; it just won't run it.
---
Blue Wizard is about to die!
... Red Knight shot the food!