AP runes.

#1Coolness_DudePosted 12/21/2011 7:52:03 PM
What're the best runes for your average ap champ? I ask because of the cheap-o holiday runes. I hear it's:

Mag pen Reds x 9
Mana Reg/ Armor/ AP Yellows x 9
Mag resist Blues x 9
Flat AP Quints x 3

But I'm wondering what the opinions of the game-faqsers are as to whether the Move-speed or Mag-pen quints were worth buying, since they're on sale.
#2NimblenewtPosted 12/21/2011 7:52:53 PM
CDR blues all day errday
---
--First poster to ever get a 500 topic in the gamefaqs lol board--
http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/333/500ro.png
#3Icegoten200Posted 12/21/2011 7:53:57 PM
Full Magic Penetration

You'll get +19 Magic Penetration from the start and then with boots you'll be at +40 Magic Penetration and if you get that mask you'll be at +60 Magic Penetration. But that's just me and how I melt health bars.
---
Super Nintendo
#4Sarick_LyrePosted 12/21/2011 7:59:04 PM
Choice between Magic Pentration and AP Quints would kind of rely on the champion and their actual AP ratios.

For champions like Orianna who even have their auto-attack scale off AP I'd definitely go AP. While some champions just have more natural burst.
#5Coolness_Dude(Topic Creator)Posted 12/21/2011 8:06:01 PM
Thanks for the input.

Yeah I figured that, with the AP vs Mag pen runes I mean. Just wondered what peoples experiences were with them.

Anyone like the Move-speed Quints?
#6angelwkw3Posted 12/21/2011 10:02:04 PM(edited)
Icegoten200 posted...
Full Magic Penetration

You'll get +19 Magic Penetration from the start and then with boots you'll be at +40 Magic Penetration and if you get that mask you'll be at +60 Magic Penetration. But that's just me and how I melt health bars.

There is no reason you should be building Haunting Guise if you already have 39 penetration + 10%. You are wasting almost 1600g that you could have used towards a NLR that builds into something useful. The person you are laning against isn't going to have 60 MR the majority of the time in the laning phase as most will just have 30. I can't even think of a reason to ever build that terrible item.
---
LoL ID = Crosisx2/Kurokage17
#7Icegoten200Posted 12/21/2011 10:22:29 PM(edited)
EDIT: Oh I was under the impression that Flat Magic Penetration would start dealing bonus damage if it got them to 0. Then I googled and it seems that it doesn't. Only reduction skills like Soraka's Starcall would do that.

Besides I always have +40 Magic Penetration from my runes and boots then get deathcap and after that I'll usually get the Haunting Guise. Guess I can start switching that out for something else now that I found out it doesn't help as much as I thought it was.
---
Super Nintendo