Riven item build help

#1Jordo_dPosted 2/19/2012 2:58:04 AM
So usually...I build Riven like:

boots 3x Pots>Brutalizer>Ionian Boots>Bloodthirster

if enemy has bought armor and im doing fairly well i build:

Last Whisper>Bloodthirster>Bloodthirster

if i'm getting hurt pretty hard i build:

Warmogs>Atmas Impaler>Last Whisper

how do you build Riven? any tips on my item build?
---
Now Playing: LoL, WoW, SWTOR,
My Next Titles: Diablo 3, GW2, DotA 2, Bizzard DotA
#2x77654Posted 2/19/2012 3:07:12 AM
Seems you are on the right track, as long as you avoid attack speed and items with mana/ap you'll prob be fine building for the situation at hand. I like frozen mallet myself for the slow and hp which compliments atmas. I think riven works best as tanky dps especially end game.

Also this.
http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/build/riven-valor-for-all-147416#chapter4
---
C-c-c-combo Breaker ( =O'.')===O<(x_X <)
#3KinzuPosted 2/19/2012 3:15:08 AM
Cloth+5 pots
Wriggle+Boots
Blood Thrister
Guardian Angel
Last Whisper or 2nd Blood Thirster

That is my build for most games. Their are times when you will have to grab 2x Doran Blades over finishing the Wriggles, and their are times when an early Brutalizer is good.

Also either get Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads on her. She doesn't need the CD reductions because she already has low CD's at max rank.

After the Guardian Angel you really build whatever you need. If they stack Armor get Last Whisper. If they don't and you feel you don't need any more resist then starting making another BT.

Multiple BT + Riven's Shield + Passive just turn her into a hard to kill killing machine.

You get massive AD that scales up how much damage that shield will take on top of massive Life Steal thanks to the passive+AD. If she is not focused and CC'd she is like a wrecking ball in a team fight, and if you do die the GA will save you at which point you just E to get the shield back up and Q away to flee or stick around to finish up the leftovers.

You honestly should not need more resist but grabbing a Banshee Veil or even QSS can be helpful against certain champions. Wriggles, Boots, and GA will give you over a 100 Armor and Magic Resist and past that they start to scale worst and worst. After a 100 in each you really just want to stack on the AD to scale up her shield and life steal. Those 2 will keep you alive plenty long enough to do what needs to be done most games.
#4Jordo_d(Topic Creator)Posted 2/19/2012 3:25:38 AM
Kinzu posted...
Cloth+5 pots
Wriggle+Boots
Blood Thrister
Guardian Angel
Last Whisper or 2nd Blood Thirster

That is my build for most games. Their are times when you will have to grab 2x Doran Blades over finishing the Wriggles, and their are times when an early Brutalizer is good.

Also either get Ninja Tabi or Merc Treads on her. She doesn't need the CD reductions because she already has low CD's at max rank.

After the Guardian Angel you really build whatever you need. If they stack Armor get Last Whisper. If they don't and you feel you don't need any more resist then starting making another BT.

Multiple BT + Riven's Shield + Passive just turn her into a hard to kill killing machine.

You get massive AD that scales up how much damage that shield will take on top of massive Life Steal thanks to the passive+AD. If she is not focused and CC'd she is like a wrecking ball in a team fight, and if you do die the GA will save you at which point you just E to get the shield back up and Q away to flee or stick around to finish up the leftovers.

You honestly should not need more resist but grabbing a Banshee Veil or even QSS can be helpful against certain champions. Wriggles, Boots, and GA will give you over a 100 Armor and Magic Resist and past that they start to scale worst and worst. After a 100 in each you really just want to stack on the AD to scale up her shield and life steal. Those 2 will keep you alive plenty long enough to do what needs to be done most games.

To condense for later use, your build would be:

Cloth Arm, 5 pots>Wriggles>Tabi or Merc Treads>Blood Thirster>Guardian Angel

If Armor is built - Last Whisper
No armor - Blood Thirster

(Sell Wriggles)

then...if i need more resist: Banshee's Viel....tons of Stun: QSS

if im okay on defense: make another Blood Thirster
---
Now Playing: LoL, WoW, SWTOR,
My Next Titles: Diablo 3, GW2, DotA 2, Bizzard DotA
#5KinzuPosted 2/19/2012 3:38:03 AM
Pretty much
Try to get BF sword before finishing boots. The earlier you can get your BF sword the better so if you have the gold take it over finishing wriggles, but that would mean you got fed early which should mean game over for the opposing team.
#6KinzuPosted 2/19/2012 3:42:38 AM
Oh only sell wriggles late game if you want another BT. Wriggles gives her great sustain early, a free ward for map control and the ability to control dragon and steal buffs. If you are winning your lane you can start to team up with your jungler and counter jungle to control the buffs in mid game.
#7DeeJayTechnikaPosted 2/19/2012 7:13:28 AM
You dont "need" wriggle, it is not core unless you have a difficult lane like Pantheon or Reneketon. You can do cloth armor, than do double dorans into bloodthirster than the rest of your core.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1RVa0Q_t0bI&feature=related
Gamertag: Circle6