How to counter Cass in mid

#1B01tPosted 4/3/2012 4:02:50 PM
^
What champs counter cassiopeia, and why?
She's the only champ i can't competently counter, (since morg is always banned ofc).
My main mids are Xerath and Fizz, but i have others like ryze, veigar, and AP sion.
I've only actually fought her once in recent memory, and i got squashed. Forget who i was.
Anyways though, i always hear how good she is in mid, and i'd like to know how to survive against her in advance.
Thanks!
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#2AverageGatsbyPosted 4/3/2012 4:03:35 PM
Start with boots and stop being bad.
#3B01t(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 4:12:43 PM
I'm sure boots help against her, but that's not what i mean. I'm referring to specific champs.
For example, Fizz is extremely effective against Vladimir and Viktor for example. Xerath is extremely effective against.... actually a lot of mids due to his range. (Although ive heard cass counters him somehow).
---
"That is why war is so tragic. To win means to make victims of your opponents and give birth to hatred." - Kratos Aurion, Tales of Symphonia
#4aHappySackaPosted 4/3/2012 4:17:59 PM(edited)
Xerath only outranges Cass with his W and with it being on such a long cooldown at early levels you will either be underfarmed or be in a world of pain long before then.

Your best bet would be Fizz since he can dodge her spells or Veigar since he has that annoying stun.
---
Kitty Kat --> /\_/\
.................=(^_^)=
#5drakis24Posted 4/3/2012 4:20:48 PM
Sion and fizz suck against a good cass dont go them. Speacialy fizz every time you wanna farm you have to melee a creep she lands her q and twin fangs. Same with sion early and she can drop his shield with out eating a stun to. But yeah move around alot watch out for her qs if she lands one just run to turret. That and if your close and she misses a q make her pay for it.
#6jarjarbanks22Posted 4/3/2012 4:24:16 PM

The only really effective counter I've found to Cass is Brand. As soon as she lands her poison and moves into harass, she opens herself up to your full stun combo. So in trade offs you usually always win. Kass and LeBlanc's early game is pretty bad against her so she can bully you into being a non-factor even when you reach 6.

#7B01t(Topic Creator)Posted 4/3/2012 4:27:10 PM
Hmmm, veigar might be worth trying, since his stun has a nice long range. Yeah, Fizz definitely doesn't work though. He can become untargetable, but AOE like her miasma still hits him when he e's.

Unfortunately, Brand is one of the few mid's i don't have. Also, once i heard Caitlyn counters her pretty well. You guys/girls think there's any truth to this?
---
#8Bubba1989Posted 4/3/2012 4:33:38 PM
B01t posted...
Unfortunately, Brand is one of the few mid's i don't have. Also, once i heard Caitlyn counters her pretty well. You guys/girls think there's any truth to this?

Yes but then she's not at bot with her support and people in ranked get mad at you.
---
No trees were killed in the sending of this message. However,
a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
#9Try_Harder_NubzPosted 4/3/2012 4:34:34 PM
kennen can even out the lane and even win sometimes

take boots and grab E after Q, evade all of her skillshots and just farm with Q if she's being really aggresive.
---
this man is a genius^
LoL: TryHarderNubz http://i.imgur.com/4G0Us.jpg
#10FreshSushiPosted 4/3/2012 4:34:51 PM
Kill them all. I > your sig.
---
SSF4 AE 2012: (Can of Sprite), SFxT: (Gief, Abel), LoL: (J4)
Xbox 720 :(