Top Lane Alistar - AD or AP?

#1Cpt_CrackerPosted 4/6/2012 8:48:52 AM
Also, what Rune Set up/masteries?

Last game, I went support ali, but was forced top. I built the usual, boots + hog + philo, but then got a sheen>triforce. I found myself to be squishy, but after Tri force and a negatron, I could jump the enemy ap carry, and the team couldn't stop me.

The AP ratios are not that great, but he does have a sustain mechanic.
#2Toe_JamulonisPosted 4/6/2012 9:02:51 AM
He's kind of easy to bully around in a 1v1 lane if your opponent has any range, but you should always consider Frozen Heart on Alistar.

Early game you can win a lot of trades with your CC and your AoE heal keeping your creeps alive in a 1v1 situation.
#3Will_UnderscorePosted 4/6/2012 9:10:59 AM
Play AD, walk up to top lane with a doran's blade and dunk like a boss.

His biggest laning problem is his mana pool. Landing W+Q and some aa is great(especially when you can E the trade damage away) but you'll run oom quickly. But when mid game hits, jump on the carry, hit r and go crazy.
---
And all the feeders and trolls will look up and shout "Carry us!"
... and I'll look down and whisper "No"
#4Cpt_Cracker(Topic Creator)Posted 4/6/2012 9:48:37 AM

Play AD, walk up to top lane with a doran's blade and dunk like a boss.

His biggest laning problem is his mana pool. Landing W+Q and some aa is great(especially when you can E the trade damage away) but you'll run oom quickly. But when mid game hits, jump on the carry, hit r and go crazy.

Doran's might not be a bad start. I'm thinking Ad marks, and MS quints. He's also hard to gank due to CC and tankiness. What about these masteries:

http://www.mobafire.com/league-of-legends/mastery-tree-planner#&tree1=1-3-0-0-4-0-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree2=0-3-3-0-4-0-0-1-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&tree3=1-0-3-0-4-2-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0-0&v=2