Who hard counters Malphite and then who hardcounters those people?

#1profDEADPOOLPosted 5/3/2012 8:01:47 AM(edited)
I currently play Malphite as my main in Blind Pick but will start doing draft soon and I want to know who is another good top to learn to use instead of Malphite. I already play Cho'gath and Mundo. Level 12 if it matters.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, XML, Avengers Academy, Defenders, Secret Avengers, JLI, and Batwing
#2_W_T_Posted 5/3/2012 8:28:15 AM
Ability Power champs. And Galio would counter them imo.
#3anilEhilatedPosted 5/3/2012 8:32:40 AM
If you need to hardcounter a malphite, you're doing something wrong.
---
For who could ever...?
#4profDEADPOOL(Topic Creator)Posted 5/3/2012 9:01:03 AM

Ability Power champs. And Galio would counter them imo.

Blah i didn't like galio at all when I played him in the free week. Anyone else?

If you need to hardcounter a malphite, you're doing something wrong.

I am asking if Malphite is my main for solo top then who is a good champion to learn to use when the opponents have a solo top that beats Malphite+Who those people are.
---
Official Mienshao of the pokemon B/W and BW2 clans
Comic pull list: UXF, WatX, XML, Avengers Academy, Defenders, Secret Avengers, JLI, and Batwing
#5capgamerPosted 5/3/2012 9:09:05 AM
Champs that deal damage mostly through magic and don't depend on autoattacks that also have some beef to them. Rumble is a hard counter to Malphite. He's does primarily magic damage and his shield can absorb all the pain from seismic shard.

Master Yi and Olaf are pretty much the only physical damage carries that can give him a problem if very fed and it's because he can't slow them.
---
...I don't go down. - Jeod_Cripto
Bull****. Everyone goes down sometimes. - Immortal_Azrael
#6ssj4supervegetaPosted 5/3/2012 9:09:50 AM
like the one guy said. ap champs would be his "hard counter" which is a pretty horrible hard counter lol. an entire group.

as for countering ap champs. they tend to be ranged (with a few exceptions) and most at least have ranged pokes. so really you have to get someone who can poke back, or something. i think if you're looking for a "who to use if they pick an ap top" just go with yorick/irelia or sometone generically good at laning.
---
PSN: Vejolta
Bromaciaaaaaaaaaaaa!
#7Arken101Posted 5/3/2012 9:11:48 AM
capgamer posted...
Champs that deal damage mostly through magic and don't depend on autoattacks that also have some beef to them. Rumble is a hard counter to Malphite. He's does primarily magic damage and his shield can absorb all the pain from seismic shard.

Master Yi and Olaf are pretty much the only physical damage carries that can give him a problem if very fed and it's because he can't slow them.

And True Damage from Olaf hurts like a beesting. Yi is somewhat less of a threat due to being able to dunk away most of Yi's AS.
---
CheeseItBaggins- "I found a great build for Twitch as AD Carry. I just lock in Tristana and do better."
#8capgamerPosted 5/3/2012 9:20:25 AM(edited)
Not when Yi's ult is on. Oh no. Learned that one the hard way with one that rushed Wit's End. :\

EDIT: Just want to say that not all AP champs successfully counter him. If you get one that is squishy you trade your seismic shard harass for their harass and come out on top each time. You can beat Vlad in-lane until he get to about level 8, for instance.
---
...I don't go down. - Jeod_Cripto
Bull****. Everyone goes down sometimes. - Immortal_Azrael
#9TheEliteLombaxxPosted 5/3/2012 1:12:16 PM
Well Malphite is rock and paper hard counters him. Then scissors will hard counter paper, but rock hard counters scissors. It's a vicious cycle.
#10centurion911Posted 5/3/2012 1:15:23 PM
I would definitely think that Rumble could stomp him down hard. Shield can block his shard and, while Malphite is mana based, Rumble has free spam on his abilities due to being heat based. Rumble's damage is AP as well, so it looks like he has all the tools to beat Malph.
---
Steam Profile: http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198049615442