Jax vs. Wukong, who wins?

#1Golden_MeanPosted 5/4/2012 10:15:25 PM
...assuming equally skilled players and neglecting any outside influence of ganking. Or is it an even matchup?
---
Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity. - Rah Xephon
#2bighairycamelPosted 5/4/2012 10:19:54 PM
If he times his E right Jax wins every time I think
---
There are 10 types of people in the world: those that know binary and those that don't.
#3Varg_BURZUMPosted 5/4/2012 10:20:48 PM
I'd assume even.
---
Phantasy Star Online > World of Warcraft
R.I.P. Super Mario Bros Z 04/22/2006 - 03/26/2012
#4GForceDragonPosted 5/4/2012 10:21:51 PM
Quoted from PaintballReturns' guide:

Harass him before he harasses you. His EQW combo hurts, but Wukong suffers from the same drawbacks Jax has. No built in sustain. Harass him as much as you can, make him pop his clone, get him before he gets you. The one who harasses more in lane will be the winner. Q to him, auto attack, empower, then pop counter strike to get the most damage out of his minions that will be focusing you. If he's smart, he'll pop his clone, enabling you to either guess which way he's going (usually retreating or into the bushes) or to walk back to your creeps unharmed.
---
I don't understand! I'm throwing money at the monitor, but nothing's happening!
#5Golden_Mean(Topic Creator)Posted 5/4/2012 10:58:13 PM
Well, I just finished one, I was Jax. It did seem pretty even, but Jax is surprisingly tanky so after 6 I started winning. But Wukong seems to have much more of a teamfight presence. Anywho, yea I'd say it's more or less even.
---
Grasp Destiny. Forfeit Humanity. - Rah Xephon
#6X_FaktorPosted 5/4/2012 11:02:27 PM

Well, I just finished one, I was Jax. It did seem pretty even, but Jax is surprisingly tanky so after 6 I started winning. But Wukong seems to have much more of a teamfight presence. Anywho, yea I'd say it's more or less even.

wrong. Outside of his ultimate, Wukong can't carry nearly as hard as late game Jax.

And it's in favor of Jax if you play aggressively. 9/21/0 masteries. You have more damage then he does, and more damage sources (physical and magical, so he can't really shut you down by stacking armor like you can for him) Post 6, your harass does more, and if he tries to go toe to toe with you, with ultimate and such, you pop your ultimate and outdps him. Just don't sit there and take his harass early game though. Man up. If you play passive, you will lose the lane, if you play aggressive, you will win lane.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vPIQB.jpg
#7IamthekuzalolPosted 5/4/2012 11:10:23 PM
Laning-wise, they are pretty evenly matched. Teamfight-wise, i am preferring Wukong here.
#8iXCelticXiPosted 5/5/2012 1:05:08 AM
What about Jax v J4? Not to steal the thread or anything! jw
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9VmPwAosxM4
LoL IGN: GreedyCowPuncher
#9X_FaktorPosted 5/5/2012 1:11:12 AM

What about Jax v J4? Not to steal the thread or anything! jw

J4 beats you pre 6. His Q and passive hurt like a b****. You outscale him though. Don't get hit with his Flag+Q combo knockup, or you'll be in for a very hard time top.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vPIQB.jpg
#10MLBknights58Posted 5/5/2012 2:01:58 AM

Interesting.

Not to further derail, but I have to ask, what about Jax vs Riven?  Renekton?

My two most common match ups when I play Jax.