The Support Tier List

#1DeanyzyPosted 5/14/2012 7:47:46 AM
This is pretty much the same as the AD topic from a few days back but with supports instead. What are your own thoughts on the state of the supports at the moment? Who's the top dog? Who is the weakest? I'll go first, feel free to ravage it if you don't agree.

TIER 1
Janna & Alistar - They've both made quite the comeback in recent months, Both are strong babysitters and have enough CC to set up kills as well as turning around bad situations.
Leona - I don't know if many people will agree with this but I consider her to be a top support. Pretty much everything she does will stun SOMETHING and if she catches hold of someone then they'll most likely die. She's been underrated since release but I think her star is on the rise.
Soraka - The healing and mana replenishment makes her an annoying wall to fight in lane.
Sona - She's been nerfed a lot but she's still a good all rounder which can't be said for a lot of supports. I think she's still an excellent choice.

TIER 2
Lulu - It's very difficult to kill a target if they have a Lulu on their side. Once she gets her ult good luck trying to kill her carry and I hope you enjoy getting initiated on by a gigantic ball of knock up when it comes to teamfights. She's my favourite support.
Nunu: Blood Boil is a spammable mini Zeal while the snowball does the opposite to the enemy carry. Nunu is a Carry's best friend...as long as they're on the same team.
Blitzcrank - If he catches you with a hook you are dead, if he doesn't he's useless until it's off cooldown. Leona does what he does better and if she misses with her E she's not totally screwed. He's still a good support though. He does have a lot of presence in the lane though and hte enemy will play more passively just because he's there.
Taric - His stun is a great tool but I do feel his kit is a little uneven, the stun and the passive on Shatter are great but I find the rest of his kit a little weak. I still think he's a good choice though, just not a top one.
Nautilus - SO MUCH CC. The reason he's so low in Tier 2 is because I prefer him as a jungler.

TIER 3
Zilean - I love playing Zilean mid but I hate him as a bot lane support. The bombs push the lane too much and he needs farm and AP in order to be effective. I find him a little limited in a true support role.
Karma - Solo Lane, give her one now. Useless as a support but very decent in a solo lane (I prefer taking her top).

TIER 'INCORRECTLY TAGGED AS A SUPPORT'
Teemo - Why?
Morgana - ^
Nidalee & Lux - I still have nightmares about the heinous Clarity/Flash Nidas and Lux's that I had to suffer through in the past.
Shen - Again I've seen him work well as a support but why would you waste him on a support role when he can be dominating top instead?
Kayle - Same with Shen, she can work in a kill lane but she's such a powerful top that it's a waste to do so.
Galio - ^ but with Mid.
Orianna - She can be quite support-y late game but she's terribad as a true support.

What would your list look like?
#2Blbmbr666Posted 5/14/2012 7:48:16 AM
Where is support AP TF?
---
League of Legends IGN: JOEYballsGOTTI
HitmonLee Sin - http://i753.photobucket.com/albums/xx178/Blbmbr666/HitmonLeeSin.jpg
#3Ravens_27Posted 5/14/2012 7:54:15 AM(edited)
I more or less agree with you, bar Lulu, I feels she's Tier 1 for precisely the same reason as Janna and Alistar, that CC, she's also got the strongest harrass out of all the others, and I;m pretty sure mana-wise it's much more cost effective than others.
---
The official Fat Chocobo of the the dissidia 012: duodecim boards.

EDIT: Also, inb4 TAPS shaco.
#4Deanyzy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 7:55:39 AM
I was tempted to put her in Tier 1 but I think one of her weaknesses is that she isn't as solid as Janna and Alistar pre level 6.
#5Ravens_27Posted 5/14/2012 7:56:57 AM
Deanyzy posted...
I was tempted to put her in Tier 1 but I think one of her weaknesses is that she isn't as solid as Janna and Alistar pre level 6.

Thats true, but as I mentioned her strength is also Harrassment, pushing the opponents away from the carry/farm, zoning them completely, at least, thats how I play her.
---
#6PhoenixNinePosted 5/14/2012 7:57:55 AM
You don't have to Fiddle but you have Leona and Blitz.

Why is that?

Fiddle:

-3 sec fear when maxed
-aoe silence (wins level 1 fights by itself)
-drain is strong early regardless of AP and allows for free and fast golems/wolves
-ult has massive base damage especially early game (Varus+Fiddle lane is a nightmare if you catch them in a Fear)
-MR reduction aura
---
~Victory needs no explanation; defeat allows none.~
#7Deanyzy(Topic Creator)Posted 5/14/2012 8:00:17 AM
I forgot Fiddle, I think on paper he sounds like an excellent support but I personally have no experience with him or against him in a support capacity so i have no knowledge on how well he performs.
#8Ravens_27Posted 5/14/2012 8:02:48 AM(edited)
PhoenixNine posted...
You don't have to Fiddle but you have Leona and Blitz.

Why is that?

Fiddle:

-3 sec fear when maxed
-aoe silence (wins level 1 fights by itself)
-drain is strong early regardless of AP and allows for free and fast golems/wolves
-ult has massive base damage especially early game (Varus+Fiddle lane is a nightmare if you catch them in a Fear)
-MR reduction aura

Fiddle also pushes lane pretty hard a lot of the time. Bar that he seems feasible.
---
#9ZedPowerPosted 5/14/2012 8:12:16 AM
All Zilean needs to be a rad support is mana regen and CDR, both of which are common on typical support items anyway. If you're useless late-game without AP then you're doing something seriously wrong.
---
"ˇViva La Revolución!"
-Salvador Limones
#10Camel-RiderPosted 5/14/2012 8:19:58 AM
Tier 1:
Sona, Janna, Alistar, Taric, Soraka

Tier 2:
Nunu, Leona, blitzcrank

Tier 3:
Nautilus, volibear, lux, twisted fate.

Tier 4:
Trynd, gangplank, morgana,