Some questions

#1ThugglesPosted 10/23/2009 7:37:57 AM
How do I play against bots and what are runes? And is this game f2p? I just played my first round and I was all ready to plop down 50 on it.
#2XenonAtomPosted 10/23/2009 10:40:13 AM
To play against bots, you have to play in a practice game. Hit play, then practice game. You can create your own (allowing you to fill the rest of the slots with bots) or join a pre-existing one (in which case there's a decent chance there will be no bots; up to host).

Runes give minor bonuses. You get to fill a page with them (9 of 3 types and 3 quintessences for 30 total, I think). They are currently unavailable, I believe, since they will be purchased with Influence Points from the store, which is down.

The game is free to play with micro-transactions to open content. There will be a rotating stable of free to play heroes (I believe 10 at a time). Playing games will earn you Influence Points, which can be used to permanently unlock heroes and/or buy runes. You can also purchase Riot Points with money, which can be used to permanently unlock heroes, different skins to make your heroes pretty, and boosts which increase your rate of XP/IP gain. Riot has stated that they will NOT sell power; nothing will be purchasable for only Riot Points which is stronger than that available for Influence Points

Basically, you can play it for free, but you will be able to unlock things much faster by paying for heroes.

---
"Dude, if people are defying time itself not to come to your game, take the hint." -Dragoon Andrew
#3waterbwaloonPosted 10/24/2009 3:18:01 PM
Oh... So is that why every time it says I earned n amount of IP I never get it...
Anyway, can't wait for it to be fully released so that I can play more without dreading the fact that my Summoners stats will be reset...

---
Obama gave the Queen an ipod but not me... Favouritism!!!
Soul Silver FTW!
#4SwordsMan03Posted 10/24/2009 5:09:39 PM
are they really getting reset? Bcuz im lvl 5 now and might as well stop playing if their gonna be reset, I can wait a week...(or is it longer?)
#5mafiafunPosted 10/24/2009 7:34:10 PM
Why stop playing? Keep playing and getting better with diff. characters.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf
#6XenonAtomPosted 10/24/2009 10:01:05 PM
My understanding is that you are getting the IP, but the IP display always says 0 while the store is down (which it is). They will be resetting it all come launch on Tuesday, I believe.

---
"Dude, if people are defying time itself not to come to your game, take the hint." -Dragoon Andrew
#7waterbwaloonPosted 10/25/2009 4:39:30 AM
Oh... Ok...
Anyway... I'm still playing because I need practice before the game is released anyway =D

---
Obama gave the Queen an ipod but not me... Favouritism!!!
Soul Silver FTW!