Game is still in progress

#1TartarusaucePosted 11/13/2009 6:55:45 PM
I quit a game and I only see "game is still in progress" on the launcher. Is this a bug or a stupid attempt to prevents players from leaving games?
---
WoW: Level ?? Boss / Illidan
#2PlagueXRoamerPosted 11/13/2009 11:40:11 PM

League of Legends is special in that, if you quit the game or anything, you are still allowed to rejoin after a short connection delay. That way, people who's computer 'crashed/suddenly restarted/had to close the game for some reason or another' are allowed to re-join. Only after the current game has finiahed, then can you join another game. However, if you have left the game/crashed/WHATEVER and did not rejoin and stay till the end of the game, you won't get experience or influence points. Of course, this also allows leavers to get punished, as after they leave for being an idiot/feeder/whiner/'OMFGTHISGUYSISOPBBQGGOUTOFHERE', they would be stuck with the 'rejoin game' option until it ends, disallowing them to play a new game during that time.

#3gary_foPosted 11/13/2009 11:46:23 PM
In other words, if you're doing bad in a game, suck it up and keep playing, because you can't play a new game until that one is over.

I sorta like the feature, I sorta hate the inability to get rid of feeders.
---
(no sarcasm in this message, just to be completely clear, except sarcasm about the need to point out sarcasm in message board posts)
#4PlagueXRoamerPosted 11/13/2009 11:52:00 PM

Pretty much yeah, except they could still leave and stay out. I prefer they just do, or at least learn how to play decently. It doesn't discourage leavers in actual fact, but it DOES give them more noticable penalties.

#5MidniteShadowPosted 11/14/2009 4:20:21 AM
You could always surrender, no shame admitting defeat.
#6Yian YanPosted 11/14/2009 10:39:56 AM
You could always surrender
---
DWO - Wei - from Yong Chang
#7zileas2Posted 11/14/2009 12:27:03 PM
We probably will yank this at some point once we have sufficient incentive to stay. Right now though, this is a net improvement on the experience as if someone leaves, the game is pretty much over right now.
#8nothv13Posted 11/15/2009 7:53:19 AM
...at least learn how to play decently.

So here's what you do, you offer them actual advice and not rage on them by flaming them or quitting. You wantthem to learn to play better, well they are going to learn much if they see people quitting mid game because they think the person who needs to learn sucks.

People who complain about people who need to learn how to play are akin to people who complain that a 2 year can't read complicated books yet.
#9DartkunPosted 11/15/2009 1:43:29 PM
nothv13 | Posted 11/15/2009 8:53:19 AM | message details
People who complain about people who need to learn how to play are akin to people who complain that a 2 year can't read complicated books yet.

But these "2 year olds" are trying to compete with the rest of the players. I'm not saying that harassing them is correct, but having level 1's queue up for a normal game is just painful.
#10nothv13Posted 11/15/2009 2:11:29 PM
That two year old is still urged to participate in some way and to learn. the parent of people with more experience around that 2 year old don't rage quit and start calling it stupid and flaming it into oblivion.

Complain when you start playing ranked games. The normal games you play right now are fair game to anyone. The Matchmaking system is designed to keep pushing you to a 1:1 win:loss ratio, thus you will be paired with scrubs, but you can still win if said scrubs are willing to listen.

Guess what I'm saying is. Get over yourself, stop raging about new people enough to make them not want to play anymore. All games need new people. And finally, don't make the community as bad as it was for Dota.