Thoughts on Master Yi hero?

#1SushimanXPosted 11/20/2009 10:19:57 PM
I dont like this guy either. I don't understand how his quick blink strike works, doesnt seem much control, and you need to be in control especially in hero fights.

Not much to say about mediate, stay in lane longer at early stages, somewhat useless at late game.

His passive, I guess arite, more free dmg.

His ult, free from slows but not from stuns. All his skills refresh if he manages to kill a champion, which is quite difficult to do I find. This hero also cant tank either. Low hp and low dmg, I couldn't do shiet.
---
Combat Arms: BooFoo
Youtube: Sushimanx
#2mafiafunPosted 11/21/2009 12:01:11 AM
You fail at this game. Go cry somewhere else.
---
"If freedom is short of weapons, we must compensate with willpower." - Adolf Hitler
#3VoidgolemPosted 11/21/2009 12:23:39 AM
It's not that hard to understand: He blinks to the target enemy, hitting up to four targets en-route (if there are that many).

His passive and Alpha Strike make him a farming god, you do need to kit him out in a specific manner to be of much use end-game, though (Lifesteal's popular, Bloodrazor on top of his high attack speed'll shred most heroes...)

*shrug*

He's fairly well-rounded, jack of all trades sort of deal (aside from tanking, at least)
---
"Wait, there's a portal...bees. BEES. HOW CAN AN ELEMENTAL PLANE OF BEES EXIST OH GODS IT STINGS AAAUGH BEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES!!!" - LP
#4will98499Posted 11/21/2009 2:07:36 AM

I don't really like the hero much either.

Not a big fan. He has nothing that stands up above the rest.... I'd rather get someoen cooler.

#5waterbwaloonPosted 11/21/2009 4:30:29 AM
I like him and was surprised to see him for 450 IP Points... =D

Anyway... He's really good with the right users...
You need to learn how to use him. But it isn't that hard...

Anyway, Saving up for Cho... Using Rammus, Ashe and Yi at the moment though =D

---
Dolchstoss!!!!!
Dolchstoss!!!!!
#6anilEhilatedPosted 11/21/2009 4:33:45 AM
He's actually pretty good. Alpha Strike is a great harassing and creeping tool, you just have to keep in mind it hits three more or less random units and your target, which you always end up near to after using.
Two levels in Meditate are all you need for easy laning, and his passive provides a pretty good damage boost when turned on.
As for Highlander...Well, it slices, it dices, it does everything. Think of it as just a normal buff with the cooldown reset as a sort of a bonus, like, idk, Lycan's ult from LotA.
---
"Nuclear catapults? Honestly, those are perfectly feasible. " - solidsnake101112, on Fallout 3.
#7PRNOIAxPlusPosted 11/21/2009 7:10:30 AM
If you can honestly tell me Yi is not worth your time, I'll nod politely because that's just one more knob I'll be clotheslining later.
#8SushimanX(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2009 2:35:41 PM
You fail at this game. Go cry somewhere else.

Hm, didnt know every player had to be PRO at every hero and bickering about heroes in a constructive way isn't allowed? You can go f yourself.
---
Combat Arms: BooFoo
Youtube: Sushimanx
#9FullMetal_MarioPosted 11/22/2009 12:51:16 PM
I think you spend a lil too much time on gfaqs anilehilated, its dota not lota. Anyways, a good yi is really kinda broken with someone with an aoe stun like tf morg or amumu. Had a game with a massive teamfight, I used amus ult near the end and yi went to town killing all the low hp heros before they could register what happened. Thats what yi needs though, a teammate or two that can keep them in one place to be wailed on, without it hes not nearly as dangerous.
---
Lurker status: BUSTED oh well, time to make internet friends, or enemies, idc
#10eating4funPosted 11/23/2009 1:46:35 PM

I think you spend a lil too much time on gfaqs anilehilated, its dota not lota. Anyways, a good yi is really kinda broken with someone with an aoe stun like tf morg or amumu. Had a game with a massive teamfight, I used amus ult near the end and yi went to town killing all the low hp heros before they could register what happened. Thats what yi needs though, a teammate or two that can keep them in one place to be wailed on, without it hes not nearly as dangerous.

maybe he got confused. there's no board for dota specifically, so the board legacy of the ancients (lota) is used instead.
---
http://img13.imageshack.us/img13/5268/245zgvd.jpg
~~~aj_arcani